Noah and the Whale

Guest mattrgee

Since returning from Glastonbury people have been asking 'what was the best act you saw?' I can honestly say it was Noah and the Whale at The Park. What a truly amazing performance, a small crowd, great atmosphere, people dancing and 'that' crazy balloon release! Totally awesome.

Did anyone else see this performance and feel the same way?

Noah and the Whale were great, not quite what I was hoping for, although I did get a little distracted with this....

I gotta say that I wasn't best impressed by Noah and the Whale, they sound very slow paced for my liking. But, saying that, i was watching them from the very top of the hill while watching some guys abuse their sleeping drunk friend and trying to pinpoint where my tent was. Spent ages discussing where those balloons came from with my mate too, was very confusing.

My mate and I went up to the Park with the intention of watching Noah and The Whale, the Horrors and Animal Collective. Unfortunatley, I was only in a T-Shirt and by the end of Noah it was getting cold (I know - what a wimp!!), so we wandered back down via Annie Mac at the BBC Introducing and Ting Tings at the Other Stage. Saw Doves in the JP in the end - they were great.

Really enjoyed NATW though, thought the atmosphere in the Park was always excellent (went up a few times over the weekend) - almost my favourite Glasto place. The balloon release was brilliant too.

the noah and the whale/horrors/animal collective friday night at park was tremendous, NATW were beautiful as the light was dimming, the horrors sent it down with a bang and great new songs and AC felt like the noise was powerful enough to bring the sun back up