Anyone go on their own?

Guest Jewel

This year was my first Glasto and I had the best time ever I didn't want to leave! I'd love to go next year but I'm not sure if I know anyone that wants to go. Do any of you end up going on your own? Do you meet up with ppl you meet on here? Thanks guys.

This year was my first Glasto and I had the best time ever I didn't want to leave! I'd love to go next year but I'm not sure if I know anyone that wants to go. Do any of you end up going on your own? Do you meet up with ppl you meet on here? Thanks guys.

Thanks for that sounds good to me! I have been 'hovering' around these boards for a little while and got some great tips and good advice. I didn't even make it to the cider bus this year, very disappointed so that will be the first place to go next year!!

Ha ha, you're probably about to get inundated with talk! :lol:

Last year I ended up 'on my own' and hung out with everyone from the eFest camp for the festival, after meeting them all at the Wednesday Cider Bus meet. I had such a great time that this year I didn't even attempt to get anyone to come with me - I just went 'on my own' and camped with the rest of the guys from here.

I can't urge you enough to take the plunge - buy a ticket for yourself, swap numbers with a couple of people on here and come and camp with us - you may just find that you never want to do Glasto any other way again! Everyone at the camp, or meets, is helpful, friendly and welcoming. You have every advantage doing it this way - time to wander around on your own whenever you want, people to hang out with/see bands with/talk nonsense with whenever you want, more security for your tent as there are usually people around at camp, and just an amazing group of people to get to know.

Getting to know and camping with everyone from here totally made my Glastonbury :lol:

Yes yes yes, went on my own and loved it, though camp situation was a bit iffy as I woke up on Thursday morning and found my little tent surrounded by aa gang of anti-social Mancs in inward looking uber-tents which effectively cut me off from anyone else nearby. Didnt matter as I didnt want to spend time at the tent anyway. I went out exploring all the different fields, going to see the bands I liked when I liked. Chatting to loads of different people, just a complete feeling of freedom. Would definately recommend it.

Ha ha, you're probably about to get inundated with talk! :O

As Angelheadedhipster and Naomi said....if you go on your own, and camp at ...you arent actually at glastonbury on your own! :O

Its the way forward.

Going on your own is great and as others mentioned really made it easier. But away from the Camp i always found people to talk to every where i went - it did help me been a short arse so the conversation usually started with 'do you want to sit on my / my mates shoulders' etc and went from there.

Well you've all convinced me (it didnt take much did it!). I will be registering for my ticket straight away. I love the thought of going where I want and not having to rely on others like I did this year. Thanks everyone.

What is and where is it? The last few years I have gone on my own and have met friends who seem less enthusiastic now about staying the course only briefly. Like the freedom of roaming about alone most of the time but this year I spent too much time waiting at the meeting point for people who didn't show up.

I technically have gone on me own this and last year but I dont look at it in that way at all...cos I go to Glasto to be with my friends...from these boards...its that simple and easy. I know some of them before I arrive and plenty more afterwards...FB is manic these days is all I will say!

Have attended many festies 'on me own' since joining the boards and always made a beeline for the Efest camp...even with miserable boyfriend in tow at times...they dont seem to 'get Efests' and moan we are all too weird and intense...pah...we are just all great internet buds and the reason we all want to camp and be together is because of the underlying reason...the damn festival we are attending and the lifestyle and love that we all have for the damn things...honestly...silly sods! Meh!

Bag yourself an Efester is the best plan! :lol::D:D

There is normally a thread in here advertising it and explaining what its all about at some point before the festival.

There is also an MFG which you can join which will give you more info, in which this year we did a phone number swap which made things a bit easier for the newcomers to find the campsite.

This is why camping at CT and going on your own is best I think, you have the freedom to go and see what you want and when you want (either on your own, or with other efesters if others want to go with), but there is still people camping with you.

:lol:

I went on my own for the first time this year and had the best time ever!! I have great memories of the wilder days with groups of friends and the amazing times I went with Hubby...but this year really was just brilliant on my own!!

I got up and wandered about when and where I wanted, I saw the bands I wanted, there was no waiting around for anyone and so many people just start talking to you when you're on your own, it's just amazing!!

Will definitely be going alone next year and cannot wait!! (hope I get a ticket!!)

:D

I registered yesterday woo hoo! I don't feel like I will be on my own now thanks to you all and will definitely look forward to meeting up.

just to give you the other side of the coin............

i went on my own this year and found it a different experience to normal

I'm very quiet and shy (I half jokingly refer to myself as socially retarded) and so barely talked to anyone. (and doubly so, once messiness starts working it's wonders)

don't get me wrong, this didn't bother me much at all but i found it hard to 'let it all go' - it's a bit hard to go mad when you're dancing in a circle of 1

For any normal social person, glasto on their own should be no problem.

For social inadequates like me, there is potential for a soliatry weekend.

I never felt lonely though and was happy all weekend but i do feel i'd have gotten more from the w/e with a group of friends in tow!