Fish & Tits

Guest scouseLee

Daughter decides to go to bed at 11.30 last saturday, Dad decides to go Shangri La.

Im a mess at this point, thanks to a bottle of brandy as well as anything else id consumed that day but I walks daughter home and gets her into bed then somehow stumbles my way over to Trash City then into Shangri La where a lad called Matt grabbed me and says "you want some Fish and Tits?" ;) "of course i do" i says so he then takes me on a magical mystery tour right through all the madness to somewhere i dont know and couldnt get you back to if you asked me now I meet a top lad called Jonny on the door, big raybans n all that "enjoy Lee" he says and lets me straight in past like 30 people waiting :) the next 4-5hours i can only describe as paradise, i took a comfy velvet seat and what unfolded was as surreal as it ever been(and that coming from an arl fella!) i had boss tunes on a boss soundsytem with a tiny dancefloor, girls with snakes, girls with dwarves, girls who just wanted to chat, girls who danced in the best way possible right in front of your eyes :) a band and a contortionist :) outside terrace bar 2quid shots with top people to party with, including some great lads :) great skinning up area and an ornate secret chamber for doing secret things in all in a place no bigger than my flat!!

I came out and the sun was risen and hot was bout 6.30am and I stumbles into the strummer stone, finds a hippy called Nick and offers him a brew and a spliff had a proper chill at the 50p tea tent chatted good earthly shite and somehow stumbles home for around 8am, crashed outside tent then daughter kindly wakes me at midday with a kiss on cheek, was a top top night, probs my best ever at Glasto what I havent done is fill in the details you'll have to find those out for yourself :blink:

You 2 were bloomin ace the pair of ya! Brilliant tale...amazed you can recall it all but brilliant.

Really looking forward to catching up with you next year for more tales of madness! Becky is a star and so are you. Dont think I have seen anyone smile quite as much as you 2 at the G. :blink:

Ah but was it real???

& then again, does it matter? You had fun either way. Nice one. :blink:

Mmmmm, 50p tea tent. Anyone there for an impromtu set by 2 blokes with guitars and one with a clarinet on Thursday night circa 10:30? Great fun just singing anthemic old songs like Waterboys' Fisherman's Blues and Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl.

You 2 were bloomin ace the pair of ya! Brilliant tale...amazed you can recall it all but brilliant.

Really looking forward to catching up with you next year for more tales of madness! Becky is a star and so are you. Dont think I have seen anyone smile quite as much as you 2 at the G. :blink:

I found a tiny terrace place in the middle of Shangri La, it had plants and a water feature in the middle and benches and seats around, was absolutely tiny and very out of place in the Shangri La setting. So if it's the same one then yes, it exists ;) It also had a sign on the BACK of the door saying artists only so I decided that I must be allowed in :P

Pic of said place:

126.jpg

Edited by mandypants

I found a tiny terrace place in the middle of Shangri La, it had plants and a water feature in the middle and benches and seats around, was absolutely tiny and very out of place in the Shangri La setting. So if it's the same one then yes, it exists ;) It also had a sign on the BACK of the door saying artists only so I decided that I must be allowed in :P

Pic of said place:

126.jpg

Pic of said place:

126.jpg

It was the back garden to the pub opposite the Kamikaze Karaoke Bar. Me and Storm visited on the Saturday afternoon, popped in there cos we coudl see people with pints and a lovely lady approached us and we got waitress service cider!!! Ace! Was where we met the rugrats Jack and Jack Black who promptly painted me with mud tiger stripe stylee!

It was the back garden to the pub opposite the Kamikaze Karaoke Bar. Me and Storm visited on the Saturday afternoon, popped in there cos we coudl see people with pints and a lovely lady approached us and we got waitress service cider!!! Ace! Was where we met the rugrats Jack and Jack Black who promptly painted me with mud tiger stripe stylee!

I am gutted I missed the mermaids...did anyone notice the stripy carpet though throughout the backstreets? <_<

• 8 months later...
Daughter decides to go to bed at 11.30 last saturday, Dad decides to go Shangri La.

Im a mess at this point, thanks to a bottle of brandy as well as anything else id consumed that day but I walks daughter home and gets her into bed then somehow stumbles my way over to Trash City then into Shangri La where a lad called Matt grabbed me and says "you want some Fish and Tits?" :lol: "of course i do" i says so he then takes me on a magical mystery tour right through all the madness to somewhere i dont know and couldnt get you back to if you asked me now I meet a top lad called Jonny on the door, big raybans n all that "enjoy Lee" he says and lets me straight in past like 30 people waiting :lol: the next 4-5hours i can only describe as paradise, i took a comfy velvet seat and what unfolded was as surreal as it ever been(and that coming from an arl fella!) i had boss tunes on a boss soundsytem with a tiny dancefloor, girls with snakes, girls with dwarves, girls who just wanted to chat, girls who danced in the best way possible right in front of your eyes :P a band and a contortionist :P outside terrace bar 2quid shots with top people to party with, including some great lads :lol: great skinning up area and an ornate secret chamber for doing secret things in all in a place no bigger than my flat!!

I came out and the sun was risen and hot was bout 6.30am and I stumbles into the strummer stone, finds a hippy called Nick and offers him a brew and a spliff had a proper chill at the 50p tea tent chatted good earthly shite and somehow stumbles home for around 8am, crashed outside tent then daughter kindly wakes me at midday with a kiss on cheek, was a top top night, probs my best ever at Glasto what I havent done is fill in the details you'll have to find those out for yourself :P