Late in the day, but I am hooked on Glasto

Guest elkel

Well I made it. At the age of 72, I made my Glasto debut and survived to tell the tale. What an incredible experience it was. I went mainly to watch my grandsons band THE FUEL and had a ball. Grabbed by BBC for a feature on the highlights and cosied up in Radio 6 studios with Lauren Laverne ( she is gorgeous ) and watching with pride as the boys played the BBC Introducing stage. Glastonbury is there to be enjoyed by all ages and Michael Eavis should be rightly proud of the phenomenon that he has created. If the old legs are still working next year, I will be back and hopefully THE FUEL will also be back. OOPS and I also discovered another band I hadn't heard of before THE TUNNGS. Thoroughly enjoyed their set on The Park stage. You can teach an old dog new tricks lol

I'm really pleased you had a great time! It's never too late to go in my opinion!

I'm trying to convince my parents to go next year. My dad would love to go. My mum likes the idea but she always seems to get a bit scared of new things and talks about how it would be nice and then ends with 'nope. I'm not going'. They are 62 and 66!

I am going to use you as an example to them! ;)

Out of interest, will you go again next year? Also what were your highlights (other than your grandsons band and being in the BBC studio of course!)

I'm really pleased you had a great time! It's never too late to go in my opinion!

I'm trying to convince my parents to go next year. My dad would love to go. My mum likes the idea but she always seems to get a bit scared of new things and talks about how it would be nice and then ends with 'nope. I'm not going'. They are 62 and 66!

I am going to use you as an example to them! ;)

Out of interest, will you go again next year? Also what were your highlights (other than your grandsons band and being in the BBC studio of course!)

Laura If I am still in good health, I will be back. I loved all the music I heard and, I know it sounds corny, but I found an inner peace at Glasto. Please use me as an example to your parents. I didn't feel out of place at all. If they enjoy people having fun and like music, I am sure they will love it. Only posible problem is the walking lol but I managed to cope

Thanks! ;) I shall certainly be using you as an example. They wouldn't camp with me (more likely camper van or tipi hire), but I would love to have them there and be able to share part of my Glastonbury with them! I think they should be OK with the walking. My dad has a dodgy knee but does a lot of cycling. My mum wouldn't think of herself as being healthy and fit but the amount of work she does on her garden, I think she is pretty fit.

Now perhaps I could convince my grandmother to come - she's 87 and I reckon she actually would go for it!!!