So....will you be going to Glasto next year then?

Guest Vectrex

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i'm going to work it. going to uni in sept so can't really afford it and it will be my 4th year so would like to see the fest from another perspective!

saying that, if a big group of friends turned out to be going i might buy a ticket instead.

It wouldnt be the same for me without the wife...

We started going festivals together etc...

She said we would do it pregnant possibly... but not final stages obviously :O

The grand parents would mind the baby if we wanted to go to glasto but personally I am happy taking the baby and just chilling a lot more :P

I really hope we get tickets because I promised my Mum I would take her to her first Glastonbury next year. She will be 68! I know shes gonna love it!

Then my sister-in-law, who is 50 and has never been, said she'd go if my mum was going because "there'll be someone nearer her age". I was amazed - I am 45 - how does she think my mum is "nearer her age" ? - This woman really needs a Glastonbury! - we have to get tickets!

Edited by amfy

My concern is rolling registration.

I know it makes it easier for the organisers but also means there are a lot of punters who only have to make one effort on T day rather than two efforts to register and then to buy.

Fingers crossed that doing an October sale will mean that all the keeners get tickets.

I went 07 aswell & even tho the weather was rotten, i enjoyed myself more. Think it was down to the fact i was trying to survive on about 3 hours sleep a night & come Sunday i just had nothing left in me, was literally struggling to keep my eyes open during Blur.

Was at the 25th Anniversary...will be at the 40th without fail! Even if I cant afford it!

Hmmm..... I don't know, I don't know. Difficult decision. After doing 5 Glasto's in a row now I feel I've seen all that Glasto has to offer. I've explored all the other parts of the site like the Healing Fields, Stone Circle, Tipi Field, etc, etc. And they're all pretty much the same every year. So feel I might give Glasto a break next year, to do something else instead. But at the same time every year I still enjoy it and I'd still like to go again next year! And if I decide not to book a ticket, I could regret it!

The 40th Anniversary next year now has me pondering. But am thinking well allthough it would be the 40th anniversary, it may not be a great deal different from any other year at Glasto really. Could the 40th anniversary really be spectacularly special? Or would it just simply be the "40th anniversary" and that's it?

What was the 25th anniversary like?