Q Daily - do they only print about 73 copies these days?

Guest ianianian

Never managed to get one any of the three days - same last year.

Do you have to be up at 8.15am to be lucky enough to have one?

Why can't they just make it available as a PDF format for everyone to download to their phones each morning? Plenty of phones coming on to the market now could cope with that. Mind you if the other phone networks were as shoddy as T-Mobile's efforts to provide coverage this year that would never work either.

If you really want one check different info stalls - the two I picked up myself I got well after midday. The Green Fields one seemed to run out fast but others had them well into the afternoon.

(Thanks again Venus for the other one btw :P )

I agree. It is rubbish. I still love reading it though, then moaning about it after saying how rubbish it is :D

I think the problem with the shortages is because people were taking 4 and 5 at a time for their group. Quite why they could share 1 or 2 between them I'll never no.

Add this to the rant thread!! :D:P

what pissed me off is around the other stage you'd see copies just dumped on the ground and getting ripped up. i wanted to keep my copies for souvineers but nope..didnt get a single fricken copy :-( i tried to look around the ground for a decent copy but pretty much all the ones i saw were in a bad way.

on fri, i was down the other stage 1 at about 12.30 and he told me they were gone within minutes. he said they come out @ 10am. he told me to try the one up by the railway, and the had em.

didnt get 1 on sat.

nicked one from the camp crew stands on sunday.

i cant get up so early for a damn paper.

mind u it was crap anyway.

What pissed me off is how these are limited edition.

Yet it was the only publication to let anyone know that most of the bands on the other stage sunday was playing half an hour earlier.

Oh and that it was probably the worst thing i have ever read. It was everything stereotypical about glasto that i hate, filled with pictures of the stereotypical reading goer. Awful awful read.

It IS utter rubbish but unfortunately because it is printed closer to the time than anything else, it is generally the most reliable source of info for latest timings of everything. That's what I wanted it for.

As per someone else's post up above what I managed to do on two of the days was find a discarded copy on the floor and take the schedule page out of it.

They used to make a really nice souvenir when combined with the official post-festival souvenir edition but they seem to have idiots editing it these days :(

I thought there were more available this year TBH as I didn't have any probs getting them whereas I almost always have in previous years. I've often had to have a minor rummage in the bins most years hoping someone has recently dropped one in. I even saw loads at the Info Stand opposite Leftfield Queens Head around midday on Sunday I think when I wandered in for something else. I've never ever seen any left that late in the day before ! I expect there will be the usual @rses selling several sets of pristine copies on ebay (along with all the other extra feebies they managed to blag) in due course no doubt ;)

I'll probably get around to doing the usual job of PDFing them sometime relatively soon(ish) if anyone wants them :) Not sure when, shedloads to do and all that but absolutely no enthusiasm for doing anything except sitting in a comfy(ish) chair, supping tea and smoking too many ciggies despite having a seriously wet tent and rucksack contents still steaming away over there in the corner :angry: I so hate the week after a bl**dy good Glasto :(

Edited by mikeb

And here was me thinking the Q Daily was better this year because it wasnt filled with shit adverts unlike last year. The photographer they have this year is brilliant and the use of the fish eye lense is great.

The Q review was the best I have seen in bloomin years too. Very tongue in cheek and some good reporting.

YEs...ladies and gentlemen...that was NOT a rant from LL...you can all pick yourself up off the floor now! :angry:

I only managed to get my hands on a fresh copy one day, a shame as I like to keep them as a souvenir too. That said, the content did seem to be worse than usual. Some photos around site fine, schedule fine, but the Q Daily should be highlighting the lesser known aspects of the festival! Having a pick of the day box listing basically everything on the main stages is not helpful on so many levels. Tell the masses about the Green Fields, about the little tents where you can cycle a bike to power a small-screen cinema, or bang on drums with people up above Park, the Circus and Acrobatic stuff. Highlight good food stalls and deals. Give people more lists of fun things to do, crawls about the site, unusual bars or drinking spots. Encourage people to litter-pick, to be polite about chair usage, to get into the real spirit of Glastonbury.

As with all these issues, it won't change unless you make your views known. I'll dig up contact info when I have time.

We didn't get a copy between the 4 of us onj any day, every time we went to get one they were gone. I think it depended on where you were during the day, we tended to be around green fields and Jazz, and camped in Holts. Last year in Park Home, and the Other Stage there were loads.

First year we haven't been able to get them :huh:

Worse than that though, I didn't get a Q Review for the first time in 6 years, think we left too early at 7.30am, well hacked off about that.