Working?

Guest Adam34

I'm liking the look of the Shangri La, 3 x 6 hour shifts and especially liking the look of the midnight til 6:00 slot.

It beats the 8 or 10 hour shift patterns of security and the 6 x 4 hour shifts of the dance village.

Working the festival is a very good way to do the festival; meeting people and getting involved.

Edited by Busterrr!

Hey, The night shifts are really good in Shangri-La (I can't speak of TC but I've heard its even better) loads of bands and people partying looong into the night, much better than the afternoon shifts (dead as a dormouse), and it mean you can sleep in the morn, party in the afternoon/evening, then work in the night/morning :lol:

and the evening shifts are also really good :) (the 6pm-midnight)

The 6 hour shifts are kinda long, and your glad their over when they are, but their definitely worth the ticket, and its brilliant to see all the bands, I was in the security trench at the front of the secret Madness/Fat Boy Slim gigs in '07 :D

washing up, general dogsbody in the Crew Catering tent up near the farm. Its staffed mainly by paid staff, but a friend is helping organise it so a few of us are providing extra help on the key days in return for our tickets. 2 x 6 hour shifts each, mine are 1130-1730 on Friday and Monday, so don't really eat into core festie time, and should be in one piece by 1130, or at least together enough to do the work required - hard work but shouldnt need to think too much ;)

Working for Worthy FM again this year, lots of work but hugely fun. Been too many times to find just being a punter without anything to do on site that fun. The sunday/monday/ tuesday before anyone turns up are amazing too. Planning my shows now, hoping people will dig what i'm gonna play on them. 36 hours and i'll be on site!

washing up, general dogsbody in the Crew Catering tent up near the farm.