rock ness 2009

Guest Jim King

Rockness Rocks!!! FACT

Best weekend of my life! However i was a poof and came in a motorhome, gotta say guys its the way to go... the van park was bouncing till all hours, no neds or assbags to be found anywhere! the facilitys were spot on and apart from the extra little walk to the main arena which was ofset by being able to shower and sleep in a bed it was the bomb!!

line up was pretty good - but in my opinion although rokness is a dance festival and that helps keep the neds away the music to me is secondary. i was witharound 20 people and the banter was first class....!

i just want to say a massive thankyou to everyone i met and for making my weekend the best EVER!!

P.s

please dont ever ruin the ROCKNESS vibe by letting it get any bigger! it is perfect as is.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok folks this was my first time at rockness and to be honest 'ROCKNESS' should be in the dictionary so every1 that was they're can actually understand the definition of it, because it was absolutley imense!!!!!! definatley goin back next year!! I was in the VIP camping and every1 around us came for a party so definatley no complaints, AMAZING TIME HAD BY ALL, the complete stone roses we're MAGIC!!! came i get some photo's from anywhere as i forgot to charge my camera before we left!!!

:P

but thumbs up to the whole festival and all organisers for the best weekend of my life!!!!

Edited by ELGIN PARTY BOY

ok folks this was my first time at rockness and to be honest 'ROCKNESS' should be in the dictionary so every1 that was they're can actually understand the definition of it, because it was absolutley imense!!!!!! definatley goin back next year!! I was in the VIP camping and every1 around us came for a party so definatley no complaints, AMAZING TIME HAD BY ALL, the complete stone roses we're MAGIC!!! came i get some photo's from anywhere as i forgot to charge my camera before we left!!!

:P

but thumbs up to the whole festival and all organisers for the best weekend of my life!!!!

Overall, an awesome weekend even the sun came out to play for a while B)

The only thing I would say is that there was a lack of things to do on the Sunday night, once The Prodigy had finished. Me and a few of my mates ended up wandering around looking for something to do other than sleep! Could maybe have kept the SoCo arena or Bollywood open.

But as i say i thought it was amazing, i'll definitely be back next year.

Unreal weekend...best festival by a country mile...

My only complaint is that there was one tent missing. Cant mind the name of it. The one with the awesome food that was there last year. Big white one. Had delightful food such as cheese on toast, salmon burgers, mac and cheese and, my personal favourite, mussels.

Would def love to see that badboy back as it was my life saviour last year!

Other than that it was pretty much the perfect weekend. gets better every year I go.

I absolutely love Rockness and will be back year after year. The atmosphere is amazing and you get that feeling that everyone is looking out for eachother. It just improves every year.

One suggestion, perhaps bring in over 18s wristbands. I'm 27 but due to my youthful good looks I kept gettin ID'd. The only ID I have is my passport and I'm not gonna carry that around a festival. So perhaps a seperate wristband would work like they have in some gig venues? Probably a logistical nightmare but like I say just a suggestion.

Anyway only another 51 weeks till next year. :ph34r:

Unreal weekend...best festival by a country mile...

My only complaint is that there was one tent missing. Cant mind the name of it. The one with the awesome food that was there last year. Big white one. Had delightful food such as cheese on toast, salmon burgers, mac and cheese and, my personal favourite, mussels.

Would def love to see that badboy back as it was my life saviour last year!

Other than that it was pretty much the perfect weekend. gets better every year I go.

Amazing weekend

First time at rockness and definetely going back next year. There was only a few of us this year but I recomended it to all my friends so there will be a big crowd next year :huh:

Only complaint is the whole having to empty your plastic bottles, no matter what they contain.

Crookers and Erol Alkan were unreal!

Boys Noize, Justice and Daft Punk next year :ph34r: !!

Bring on '10!!!!

Been every year so far and plan to keep coming back.

Only major grumble: £4.50 for a vodka+coke! thats just theft, how is that any way justifiable?

3 quid for a beer or a burger is fair enough but almost a fiver for a dram with a wee bit of coke in it!

come on mate your havin a laugh.

This was my first Rockness but umpteenth festival and I have to say it's up there with Bestival in my top two, not surprising really given the link. Anyway, line up was great, camp site was cool (apart from some arsehole who nearly knocked my mate out with a full can of lager thrown down the hill), toilets were as good as can be expected, food was lovely (even thought I lived on Buffalo burgers for the weekend - perhaps a bit more variety next year?), cash bar was brilliant and security were great.

My only complaints are my (now ex) boyfriend cancelling the day before, my mates leaving me alone on the Sunday because they had to go back to work on Monday morning and the rain on Saturday afternoon. Absolutely nothing Mr King can do about those things but I just wanted a wee moan about them regardless!

Seriously though, the only thing I was a bit annoyed about was the £10 charge to park in a field. Can this not be covered by ticket price? If camping can be included in the cost then surely parking can be as well???

Condolences to the family of the young man who died and respect to his friend who acted quickly and responsibly.

I'll definitely be back but perhaps with friends who have the next day off work!

I LOVE J-ROCK

yeah, I like most of those bands too. I have to say I love

The pillows and Larcenciel the most.___

Chewing Gum Machine, I never heard of them, but they sound cool.

Any band with a name like thats got to be good

Anyway, I heard about these bands through anime,

What about you?

jim

thank you so so so so much for the best rockness ever. the best festival by far now.

i love it so much and will now be a decicated rocknessie!!!!

the only bad comment i would say was the fact we couldnt bring alcohol into the campsite on the sunday!!! whats that all about??? and we have to wait another year!!! :)

where can we get footage of the prodigy?? can we get a rockness dvd on the go??

oh and ps:

i take it that was you on the stage at the end of the prodigy?? love the tracksuit!!!!! :):lol::lol:

fireworks were amazing too

I JUST LOVE ROCKNESS!!!! dont make it any bigger, its just perfect the way it is :lol:

thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by broxyburd

One suggestion, perhaps bring in over 18s wristbands. I'm 27 but due to my youthful good looks I kept gettin ID'd. The only ID I have is my passport and I'm not gonna carry that around a festival. So perhaps a seperate wristband would work like they have in some gig venues? Probably a logistical nightmare but like I say just a suggestion.

Hi Jim

Firstly I'd like to say that I think it's amazing that you have come on line to ask for feedback on the festival...that in itself is a highlight for me. I've been going to TITP for 10 consecutive years now and each year it becomes more and more apparent that the organisers don't particularly care much about the festival goers and just want to cram as many people in as possible to make as much money that they can. Rockness on the other hand although it obviously needs to make a profit seems to take on board comments and criticisms and definitely makes the effort to make things more enjoyable for its festival goers.

This was my 3rd Rockness (I couldn't make it last year) and every year has been fantastic in my opinion. However this year seemed to be much more organised. We barely had to queue to get in to the event, there was just the right enough stuff to do on the Friday night and we didn't need to queue to get into any of the tents which meant that you could leave your pals to go to the toilet without the worry of not getting back in and loosing them. There was plenty of space to sit on the hill and chill if that’s your thing and also enough room at the back of the tents to dance without being constantly banged into.

Highlights for me were -

Friday night in the Soco Social tent

Erol Alkan - the guy is amazing seen him loads of times and he never disappoints

The Prodigy - even just looking down on the crowd made the hairs on my neck stand on end

The steak, onion and pepper baguette I got on the Sat night cost £5 but it tasted so good not like your usual crappy festival burgers so well worth the money.

The toilets were actually pretty clean

Low points were -

We were camped in the yellow campsite next to a bunch of stupid wee boys who were trying their best to start fights with everyone. They tried on us but luckily we were with a bunch of guys who put them in their place & they didn't bother us much after that. However they did kick the sh*t out of someone on the Friday night as well as start fights amongst themselves and rip down loads of tents including their own & were also throwing a football down the hill trying to noise up other folk. They supposedly got arrested on the Sunday night but in my opinion they should have been put out on the Friday night. I think there should have been some more security in the campsite on those scaffolding things watching out for trouble cos I didn't see any at all watching over the yellow campsite.

Apart from that well done, keep up the good work and whatever you do don't end up turning into the nedfest that is TITP! :lol:

Couldn't agree more....Me and my mates were unfortunate enough to be camped underneath the stupid wee boys who couldnt handle their drink. Went back to the campsite Saturday evening to find our gazebo stolen.....You guessed it they taken it, snapped the poles and were sitting under it out of the downpour! When questioned my mate received a burst lip and the other headbutted. Police did remove the two offenders out of the 10 but didn't remove wristbands so they walked straight back in hell bent on revenge! Totally ruined a great weekend, security was crap more worried about you taking empty water bottles into the arena...what's that all about??? On the plus side one of the neds should be getting charged in the next few days! If I do go for my 4th year in 2010 i'll be considering a different camping spot...