Sleeping in your car

Guest afx

Hey guys,

I have come into some weekend tickets without camping, on the official site it warns against sleeping in your car but I was wondering how vigilant they actually are about this. Anyone experienced anything?

Thankyou

yeh thats what I was thinking, they cant ask drunk people to drive so what can they do?! Alternatively we could stay up all night and just find a shady spot on site to sleep in the day.

I have never actually been to download, is there much going on after the bands finish or is it all in the campsites like at reading? Is there much happening outside the festival?

on what grounds do they warn you against sleeping in your car? surely its none of their business if you sleep in your car, although I do understand the concept of being in control of an (albeit stationary) vehicle whilst possibly off your face.

I know the "day" car parks cant do it, becuase the cars are crammed in and out each day, but surely the weekend ones are ok?

yeh I was thinking that if I sleep in the back/the passenger seat with the keys in the glove compartment, and neither of us is in the drivers seat, then we cant really claim to be in control of it in any way. Surely the police should be happy with us that we choose NOT to drive away when drunk!!

But anyway, does anyone know of somewhere good to go when everyone is in the campsites? There must be many more people like us who have non-camping tickets, im guessing they are in hotels, is there any entertainment for them in town or anything? Is there even a local town?

on what grounds do they warn you against sleeping in your car? surely its none of their business if you sleep in your car, although I do understand the concept of being in control of an (albeit stationary) vehicle whilst possibly off your face.

I know the "day" car parks cant do it, becuase the cars are crammed in and out each day, but surely the weekend ones are ok?

On the grounds of that car fire at Reading last year - I've heard it was caused by an exploding gas cannister left in a car, and Ive heard it was caused by a BBQ getting out of control. It wrecked the car involved and the ones around it though.

That said, I've got a huge car and if I needed to sleep in it I would do, without a second thought. Its probably more comfortable than my tent, tbh..