THE ORANGE MAN---yes he did fly!

Guest gratedenini

No internet for yonks,so really brassed that nowt arranged for a meet--but so be it.

Overall--- another brilliant fest...and def up there with the best on the "family friendly" circuit. Certainly rivalling Larmer and the "cardigan brigade" of Salisbury.

Some observations...

Shoot me down in flames, but we thought the overall standard of music fell short..Little Boots being our nemisis. I heard only about 4 guitar licks all weekend... but do accept the comments on here that lots of acts went down well.

The stewarding was prob the best we`ve encountered at a biggish fest like this.. all were friendly (and somewhat puzzled by my re-entrance on sat eve with a wok full of stir fry and a pimms style jug of fruiut for our lass!!!).

The amount of kids stuff on was unbelievable--and such a lovely sight that area was.

Saturdays crowd... seemed massively swelled...by day-trippers and in comparison--Sunday was a lot quieter.

Once again--we met some lovely new friends and shared our wares--- Baby Hendrix was held by numerous doting,broody "aunties" and King Larmer and his Inimitable Character showed its shining light...whilst Jordan kept the Songlines wagon on track by selling numerous editions for a meagre commision!

I`m glad we just go for the crack cos not much of the music did it for us.

The array of nose-bags available is wonderful and a pleasure to see folks munching away of all manner of edible delights... but its still a costly experience if you only eat from inside. £6 for a quite small plate of vege morrocan shite doesnt go far between 5!

And those inonesian noodles....

"Have those got chilli on them? Are they mild?

"Everything mild sir.. no problem!"

they took the bairns fooking knapper off (and mine actually).

The bogs getting carted off at circa 8am on the monday was a disgrace..and the whole event was fortunate that I`d had my Tom-Tit of the week before setting off.... because Cleeve Hill would have been a mere ramp if I`d have dropped one by the open ditch 3 from the winning line!

Eeeeelad..... poor Larmer had to make his brown fish on the grass... I really really dont know what Silke did. Bad Crack that and def needs sorting out next year.

A big thatnk you to the First-Aiders who attended me on the campervan site when I was rendered KNACKED by a stretched bungeee cord which snapped beck and caught me thumb with a metal hook..God did that hurt.

One MAJOR gripe (personal) -- why oh why was one of the successes of last year--The Travelling Band-- put on at 6pm... I was extolling their virtues to all and sundry... but in truth... seeing the audince sat on those ubiquitous black chairs... I knew it wouldnt reach last years heights.

We`ll be back next year of course and hope to catch a few Twigs throughout the summer.

den

Shoot me down in flames, but we thought the overall standard of music fell short..Little Boots being our nemisis. I heard only about 4 guitar licks all weekend... but do accept the comments on here that lots of acts went down well.

I`m glad we just go for the crack cos not much of the music did it for us.

Yeah--- i cant quite put my finger on it.... as my/our horizons have broadened musically a lot too.... but I`m getting a bit weary of khaftan wearing africans choring out jingle,jangly stuff on just one string (excuse me any khaftan wearing africans.... ;) )

I suppose the bottom line is--my first love is guitar based bluesy/rock and i might be better off at those fests... but in general... taking the kids means we are a little bit restricted at those events.

We do Maryport...and thats great cos of the huge Mar-Quiss.

And as previously said---- having to catch King Larmer tapping up the do-nut woman and stopping his attempts to crawl under the fence to the dodgems (we call em bumper cars UP NARTH like) etc etc--or hands are (welcomingly) full.

And so--we dont care about the music. Some lash water, a few puffs,a bit of bait and sexual intercourse is surely enough to keep a man and a ger-man happy?

den the happy