wide calf wellies

Guest riotradio

I bought mens ones last year because they tend to be a bit wider, but I found they were too big around the ankle/top of the foot so they weren't the comfiest thing to wear all day. You tend to find that womens wellies even though they're marketed as wide fit, they're only wider by 2-3cms which isn't that much.

This year I said I wanted some that are made for girls, the only ones i've found that are nice are these http://www.jileon.com/wide_fit_wellies.html they're pricey, but mine came yesterday and they're fantastic. The smallest fitting (pulling the ties as small as they'll go) still has plenty of room around the calf, and they are REALLY comfy.

I got a pair from New Look's wide fit range - they're really roomy round the calf (and only about £15 too). You might need a size smaller shoe size though - I'm a 7 but the size 7 was way too wide in the foot and ankle on me, but the 6 is a lovely fit.

I got a pair from New Look's wide fit range - they're really roomy round the calf (and only about £15 too). You might need a size smaller shoe size though - I'm a 7 but the size 7 was way too wide in the foot and ankle on me, but the 6 is a lovely fit.

I have little feet, and bigger calfs, and i was having a nightmare with wellies, until i found Crocs wellies. They are 3/4 length, and really light. I got them off a website for £25, inc delivery. When they arrived my other half was so jealous we had to order another pair!!!

I'm so glad this thread exists!

I have the same problem, my calves are quite big and womens' wellies are always a bit snug - okay if i'm getting my legs out, but fitting jeans in there is a nightmare! Definately going to check out all these suggestions. :lol:

I have little feet, and bigger calfs, and i was having a nightmare with wellies, until i found Crocs wellies. They are 3/4 length, and really light. I got them off a website for £25, inc delivery. When they arrived my other half was so jealous we had to order another pair!!!

This thread so reminds me of 2007.

My manc mate came and as usual only came in a pair of converse !

When the mud got too much he took the plunge and spent his money on something other than

beer of food.

Now the lad is a bit chunky and all we could hear was

"Ooh me calfs are killing ! "

He kept pestering a mate to borrow his camping knife to cut them down, which he was very reluctant for it to be used on rubber wellies . Eventually the knife was handed over. To cut a long story short, he kept moaning how blunt the knife was "could you not have brought a decent knife you

hippy ! "

Eventually when he had cut the wellies down to pixie boots , he handed back a knackered knife

to his mate.

:lol:

I bought mens ones last year because they tend to be a bit wider, but I found they were too big around the ankle/top of the foot so they weren't the comfiest thing to wear all day. You tend to find that womens wellies even though they're marketed as wide fit, they're only wider by 2-3cms which isn't that much.

This year I said I wanted some that are made for girls, the only ones i've found that are nice are these http://www.jileon.com/wide_fit_wellies.html they're pricey, but mine came yesterday and they're fantastic. The smallest fitting (pulling the ties as small as they'll go) still has plenty of room around the calf, and they are REALLY comfy.

these are the ones i got and i can confirm they are great - they have two adjusting straps so the widest size the wellies go too is 50cm - and they are really comfy.

they may seem a bit pricey but you will probably use them for years to come so it might be worth it in the end

There's a website called Funky Wellies or something that my girlfriend uses. Ever since the first year we went to Glasto she's cursed the fact that she spent most of her childhood doing ballet and building up her calf muscles to a larger size than a size 4 shoe will cater for! Beware of cheap wellies though as 5 days on your feet in them can hurt!

I really want some but my other half will have a fit if I buy them. I am still getting wrong for buying loads of glow stuff and flashing tambourines.

I got my wellies from B&Q last year. £15 and were wide enough for my chunky calfs. I was very suprised when I tried them on in the shop.

just think of them as an investment, if you keep them for 5 years + there less than a £10 a year

and as your gonna be standing for about 18hours a day you want something comfy

does anyone have the hunter festival short lace up wellies?

just wondering if their sizing runs large? like i'm a 7 usually but don't know whether i'd have to get a 6.

seeing as we're going to have a sunny festival this year, i shouldn't need full length wellies :( lol

There's a website called Funky Wellies or something that my girlfriend uses. Ever since the first year we went to Glasto she's cursed the fact that she spent most of her childhood doing ballet and building up her calf muscles to a larger size than a size 4 shoe will cater for! Beware of cheap wellies though as 5 days on your feet in them can hurt!

Hi,

Go to www.jileon.co.uk, they have wide calf wellies, they're amazing!! (I got my pair in the post today!). :)

They have a gusset on either side and will stretch up to 50cm circumfrance, you can then tighten them to your leg as you please. They were £47.50 (that include p&p) but well worth the money if you ask me....i suffered at glasto 2007 wearing wellies that were too tigght and the bruises round the calves were not good :(

Good luck! x

does anyone have the hunter festival short lace up wellies?

just wondering if their sizing runs large? like i'm a 7 usually but don't know whether i'd have to get a 6.

seeing as we're going to have a sunny festival this year, i shouldn't need full length wellies :rolleyes: lol

Well I got the size 7 Hunter festival wellies mail order. They're a bit too big for me, and I'm a 7 - 7.5, so if you're just a normal 7 I would imagine a 6 would be more your size. They're an odd fit actually. They're snug on my calves - not too tight though (would be with jeans tucked in, but I'll be in shorts and skirts), but because they're big on my feet they have this odd suction thing going on where I'm walking the ground with my calves and the wellies with my feet, haha. I'm going to have to do something about it before festival time because they're a lot of effort, though comfy. My mother suggests my insoles will sort the size problem out, so I'll let you all know!