Stage Distances

Guest dvb

i think instead of seeing bands ive seen before again or bands i will get to see elsewhere im guna see a few acts early on at pyramid and other stage.

than go bit early to park stage,see a few new bands, see special guests and hopefully be pleasently suprised,then head off to pryamid at end of the night for hopefully kasabian then bruce, also in time for specials and neil young,and my sundays moslty all deidicated to classic bands at pyramid stage!!.

Been listening to some new bands on the smaller stages and on a few of the stages,all sound pretty cool so far. Just as much looking forward to wondering around glasto before and after bands as i am looking forward to new and strange acts along side music legends!.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice would be to leave a big pyramid stage act during what is obviously going to be the last song. You'll still hear it for ages as you walk away, and be halfway to where you're going by the time it finishes. they're unlikely to know that you weren't applauding at the end.

Thought I'd have a go at this. Below are the walking times in my opinion when conditions are ideal - walking (not running - chill man), daylight, you know where you're going, dry weather, no crowds. Add any of these factors and these numbers will obviously go up - as others have said, it can take an inordinate amount of time to get from place to place sometimes.

GlastoWalkingTimes.jpg

If anyone thinks I'm wildly out on this... well... do you're own one :lol:

My advice would be to leave a big pyramid stage act during what is obviously going to be the last song. You'll still hear it for ages as you walk away, and be halfway to where you're going by the time it finishes. they're unlikely to know that you weren't applauding at the end.

If you don't like heavy crowds it is worth avoiding pinch points as they do massively slow things down and can be a bit intimidating. Here's my story:

After, err, Leonard Cohen (I think) last year people were shoving out of the crowd-protected front area of Pyramid, it wasn't a question of anyone in particular moving, everyone was, and I had some old bat in front who kept turning round and giving me dirty looks, then (and this is the incredible bit) she pointed me out to a warden and said "that man was pushing me"! I'm still angry about it frankly, especially as what if that warden had been heavy handed and decided to have a go at me or worse? As it was, the crowd kept surging forward and so I was gone. What on earth was the silly cow trying to squeeze out through the small gaps at the edge of the crowd surge barriers straight away at the end of the gig? And why when there were clearly thousands of people all flowing along did she pick on me - was I supposed to hold everyone back behind me? Hmph! :angry:

I don't think that's true. I was around the Pyramid for both, and the crowd looked no smaller for Jay-Z I reckon.

As for those 'lack of interest' people, they certainly got things the wrong way around - the car crash known as Amy Crackhouse was followed by one of the very best Glasto moments in all of it's history; Jay-Z's entrance was just superb!