Acts your relieved are NOT playing

Guest crimsonking

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of bands I don't like, but they all give pleasure to someone (I hear there are even a couple of you like Coldplay, but I can't believe that!) they are easily avoided so I don't tend to stress.

However, I was glad when Guy Garvey confirmed Elbow wouldn't be playing.

Don't get me wrong, they were one of my highlights last year, but with no new album that I'm aware of, and serious over exposure of Seldom Seen (yeah right) kid, in the past year, they could only dissapoint.

But I didn't get off that lightly. Next thing I know, Moz has fallen through for the closing spot at Bestival, and guess who's taking his place ...

doh!

oh dear, there's something faintly cultish about all these people failing to understand how anybody could possibly be relieved about a band not playing glasto.

i do agree with all the old adages: "it's not about the line up", "there's always something to do", "nobody's forcing you to see them", etc. etc. BUT...

...I am still happy that Kaiser Chiefs didn't make the line up. Why? Because the fewer shit* acts are on the line up, the more quality there is for people to go and check out.

* and before someone starts babbling about cultural relativism and subjectivity, read this for proof that some things are undeniably and objectively bollocks