Daniel at http://danespfib.com

Guest weescorps

Has anyone else been dealing with this company/Daniel?

There seems to be confusion regarding payment of balance/how to pay it etc. I have spoken to a few others and they feel the same.

I have a few very abrupt emails from this gentleman.

Do hope he comes on here and explains his tone. I am hoping it's just a language barrier.

I for one, and 7 others will not be using them again.

God knows what we'll get given this year. Absolutely dreading it. Been to Beni 5 times now and this is the first time, I'm putting trust into someone else for my accommodation!!

Other than this, I am sooooooooo looking forward!!! <_<

Oh my god. This guy Daniel is unbelievable. I have asked my Spanish friend to speak with a solicitor tomorrow and also the Castellion Tourist Office.

The company are extremely disorganised and after many emails, he tells me he's unhappy with me as a customer and wants to refund my money. Incidentally I have paid in full - payment from my side has never been the issue. It's actually him taking the money and asking for the same information over and over again.

I have never ever heard the likes and am totally stunned.

I have told him I am more than happy to go elsewhere but I cannot allow my 3 friends to be without accommodation.

THIS IS MY LATEST REPLY FROM DANIEL. JUST ADVERTISED MY TICKET ON HERE, NOT GOING NOW - HE'S TOTALLY RUINED IT FOR ME. CAN'T CANCEL THE APARTMENT AS MY FRIENDS WILL BE SO DISAPPOINTED.

Lokk I am sick of this converation . Jus supply the information that I require , stop your long emails. it look that you have to much time on your hands - Customers loke you, i cand do better with-out

And now this one without even replying.........

Pleae takke this email as we are today runding your credit card the sum of 1315.80 euros as we are not willing to provide you with an apartment for the dates previously stated.

Daniel valls

Edited by weescorps

And now this one without even replying.........

Pleae takke this email as we are today runding your credit card the sum of 1315.80 euros as we are not willing to provide you with an apartment for the dates previously stated.

Daniel valls

that's gobsmackingly unbelievable. what an utter idiot. man i'd be so angry.

the name does ring a bell as regards previous issues and bad experiences.

THIS IS MY LATEST REPLY FROM DANIEL. JUST ADVERTISED MY TICKET ON HERE, NOT GOING NOW - HE'S TOTALLY RUINED IT FOR ME. CAN'T CANCEL THE APARTMENT AS MY FRIENDS WILL BE SO DISAPPOINTED.

Lokk I am sick of this converation . Jus supply the information that I require , stop your long emails. it look that you have to much time on your hands - Customers loke you, i cand do better with-out

Thanks Stubbs and Derm....................sorry been to Beni now 5 times and definitely not doing a 'tent'. Been there, done that etc.........plus I'm a little on the old side!!! Nah, had a tough few months so maybe best I don't go.

Trying desparately to find another apartment for my 3 friends and Daniel has not yet returned my money like he said he would and I don't have a spare 1300 Euros sitting around!!

He's put me in a right old mess and I am still in shock at his behaviour. Spoke with one of the apartment owners at Marina D'Or who said........

am afraid his service can be a bit impersonal and I think this is often down to the language/cultural differences

My friend in Spain is getting her soliitor to give him a call.

x

Hi weescorps,

My name is Michael, I am posting this on behalf of Danesp because my Spanish is a little bit better.

Your payment was refunded on May 20th at 19:10, the 354,95€ as the deposit. And at 19:11, the 960,84€ for the balance. If you wish, We will e-mail you a screenshot of this or if you wish to make it public upload to our website and putting a link to the image file here. But we would prefere if you do not jump to unnecessary accusations which paint an unfair light, and are frankly not true.

Your payment was overdue by 7 days of which we got in contact with you over the payment of the rest of your balance. The payment details were required by phone or e-mail because we do not store card details ourselves.

The reason we asked for confirmation of bus times and size of party/names is because in your initial mail in March specified "3 definate, maybe 4" and then giving 4 names. The price needed to charge for the remaining balance is different for a party of 4 than a party of 5 and we didnt want to under/over charge you, and thus this was necessary. You also refused to complete the "Name & address of the person responsible for this booking" for the booking which we would require before making the charge.

You have the full e-mail transcripts. You can post these if you feel necessary, or contact myself at michael@if you want to talk to another member of staff other than Daniel personally.

Regards,

Michael of Danesp.

Edited by Danesp_Fib

Hi weescorps,

My name is Michael, I am posting this on behalf of Danesp because my Spanish is a little bit better.

Your payment was refunded on May 20th at 19:10, the 354,95€ as the deposit. And at 19:11, the 960,84€ for the balance. If you wish, We will e-mail you a screenshot of this or if you wish to make it public upload to our website and putting a link to the image file here. But we would prefere if you do not jump to unnecessary accusations which paint an unfair light, and are frankly not true.

Your payment was overdue by 7 days of which we got in contact with you over the payment of the rest of your balance. The payment details were required by phone or e-mail because we do not store card details ourselves.

The reason we asked for confirmation of bus times and size of party/names is because in your initial mail in March specified "3 definate, maybe 4" and then giving 4 names. The price needed to charge for the remaining balance is different for a party of 4 than a party of 5 and we didnt want to under/over charge you, and thus this was necessary. You also refused to complete the "Name & address of the person responsible for this booking" for the booking which we would require before making the charge.

You have the full e-mail transcripts. You can post these if you feel necessary, or contact myself at michael@if you want to talk to another member of staff other than Daniel personally.

Regards,

Michael of Danesp.

Edited by weescorps

Thank you Michael, nice of you to reply. I am more than happy to post all emails here and the order in which they were sent so people can see exactly what correspondence took place and of course Daniel's tone. Most of what you say above is strictly untrue. How dare you suggest I was overdue with payment?Here is the email I sent to Daniel after his threat to cancel the booking - for the 3rd time - he always seems to use this tone and threat...........

Sorry Daniel

A bit dismayed again the tone in your emails. Every email infers you are happy to cancel, you will cancel etc etc. I'm sorry but this is not to be a professional/courteous way to run a business and get a good reputation. I know you will retaliate to this email.

Perhaps you should make things clearer in your documentation sent to customers. I have more than sufficient money in my bank account and have been checking it daily since 14 May 2009 (which was the balance due date) to ensure you have deducted the balance. Is this not what it means on your online booking form (details below) which I returned??

If you are now saying I have to make payment, then this was not clear or intimitated to me anywhere that I had to do this and there is confusion/unclear communication. Can you therefore take the balance immediately?

We will charge your credit/debit card MAKE SURE TO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY ON THE ACCOUNT -

If only the deposit is charged now: the balance of your booking 60 days prior to the holiday date.

I made a booking for 4 people and you took a deposit and full payment based on those 4 people. I did not at any time ask for you to adjust the booking or costs for 3 people - that was never discussed. I was more than happy to pay for 4 people so why you've raised this issue only now is beyond me????

With regards to your statement

you also refused to complete the "Name & address of the person responsible for this booking" for the booking - I did not refuse and Daniel accused me of not sending the booking form when in fact I did and he acknowledged receipt of this form - again see my email to Daniel....................I made a small ommision of my email address on the booking form as the person booking - is this refusal??????

I always reply to your emails promptly and do what your emails/terms and conditions ask of me. It is your company who do not carry out correct procedures or organise themselves properly.

This is my 6th year at Benicassim and NEVER have I had such problems before.

Your last email said.............................

We have not received yet, your guest list and or bus shuttle preferred times

When in actual fact you did receive the guest list and bus shuttle preferred times. Yes I made a small ommission by not showing by email or telephone number but you did receive the information in blue above.

You have my email address, we correspond regularly and on many occasions. Why is searching a database difficult to do by name??

As you can see from the above,

1. Your paperwork clearly states you will take payment and for the client to ensure funds are available - this I did but you did not take payment but instead Daniel sent me a threatening email to cancel my booking. At no time did you ask me to make the final payment on 14 May 2009 so why send me an email threatening to cancel etc etc - this was clearly a misunderstanding and could have been dealt with in a nicer tone by Daniel

2. Daniel then asked for my booking form which had been previously sent (and acknowledged by him) and after many emails, claimed my email address was missing - he did not make this clear and again, became threatening - I am happy to post this email

3. I did not refuse to give my details as you claim in your posting - see email to Daniel and above - I made a small ommision ie. my name and email address - both of which Daniel clearly had and communicated with me on a regular basis

4. Completely out of the blue Daniel cancels my booking and leaves my 3 friends without accommodation at this late stage. I will not be coming - Daniel has completely ruined this event for me

5. I think when you are paying in the region of 1300 Euros (and the majority not mine) I have a right to know that the company dealing with a booking is capable. Daniel clearly showed he wasn't and reflected the company in a bad way

Thank you and apologies for the length of this post but I need to make things clear and of course, I am very angry on behalf of my friends.

Due to currency conversions and the date Danesfib took/refunded payments from my bank account, I am short of approximately £70. Michael has informed me that he will not refund the difference due to me as he refunded me what he took but clearly didn't take into account currency fluctations on the dates bank transactions took place. As it was they who cancelled this accommodation and not me, I feel I am perfectly entitled to this difference.

What do you guys think??

I think it would be a good gesture for them to pay you back in GBP but to be honest I don't think they really have to since the transaction did take place in euros so from their point of view they have paid you back the money they received. It's just unfortunate that the exchange rate hasn't moved in your favour.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been updated yet after all the mayhem that actually happened at the festival. This company is beyond incompetent and I wish I'd been aware of their way of conducting business before I booked with the back in January.

We arrived to check in at about 6pm on Wednesday evening. There was a queue around the block of people who had been waiting there for hours and hours in the blazing heat. Apparently the delay was due to people not having paid their security deposits before they arrived, and then taking a long, long time to process on the spot. Our group decided to go for a drink and get a bit to eat until the queue and subsided a bit. Eventually at about 2am when the queue was still the same length we sucked it up and joined it. Got into the office at about 3am to find a full blown screaming match between Dan and some very, very unhappy customers. This man is one of the rudest, most arrogant, nastiest people I've ever met. His responses to reasonable complaints such as "our sheets are dirty", "our ac isn't working", "we paid for a bus transfer that never turned up" was to completely abuse the person talking to him. At one stage he yelled at a guy that was being quite calm that he was "rude and uneducated" and that that was why they were having all these problems.

The police were called at least twice during the night.

I later heard of people arriving the next day to find out that their apartments had been sold to people who'd paid cash earlier in the day.

I'm sure other people have had even worse experiences with this company - does anyone know of one forum where these can be discussed? As we were checking out there were a lot of people making official complaints, I'd love to know if anything comes of these.

I had a fantastic time at the Benicassim festival this year. My friends and I decided against camping, and went for the more 'relaxing' option of staying in an apartment.... unfortunately our experience of Danesp was far from relaxing...

On arrival my friend and I went to pick up the keys, only to find a queue that stretched out of the office, and round the block. The queue was not moving, and their were bouncers on the door preventing anyone from entering the office. This was allegedly due to earlier problems with people not having paid their security deposits prior to arrival. In fact, on speaking to fellow customers and witnessing other peoples' conversations with the owner - Dan - it transpired that people were allegedly experiencing the following problems:

- Being allocated keys to apartments only to find other peoples' belongings already there.

- Being allocated keys to apartments only to find the owner still living there.

- Being told the apartment they had paid for was not available, but they could not have their deposit back (the police were called to try and resolve this one).

The issues I personally experienced seemed like a breeze compared to some of the others I witnessed.

It took us 3 hours to get our keys, but others were not so fortunate.

On realising we had no hot water, I queued again the following day and spoke to one of the 'helpers' - Jamie - to see if I could get this resolved. He simply told me "you are lucky to have an apartment"... I don't remember it being advertised that way on the website ;-P

In the hope that things would have calmed down, I queued again the following day to see if I could speak to Dan about sending someone to take a look at the water, but before I reached the front he shouted "I don't want to hear any complaints - I just want to take money". I said mine wasn't a complaint - I just wanted to see if the water could be fixed. He shouted "There is nothing wrong with the water - you just don't know how to use it". With the Terms & Conditions of the contract stating that I was forbidden to touch the gas I was a bit stuck.

The water never did get fixed. Even after being told twice to wait in the apartment for someone to come - nobody arrived. Eventually I gave up as it was far too stressful.

At a cost - Danesp also 'organised' coaches to and from the festival. Unfortunately, we experienced the following problems:

- 1st night: free-for-all - no queuing system. Each coach stopped in a different place (even in the middle of a roundabout). If my friend hadn't been so determined I'd probably still be standing there now ;-P

- 2nd night: this was the night the festival was cancelled due to high winds. No coaches. We later found out there WERE coaches, but they were picking up from a different location, but there were no Danesp reps in the original place to point this out. Instead we spent hours in the gale force winds, with signs and other fixtures flying around attempting to get a cab. This was totally irresponsible of Danesp, especially with so many youngsters relying on this company.

- 3rd and 4th night: they finally got it right! Woohoo! And I thought this company had been operating for years.

I must say though - I was amazed at the incredible patience of every individual that had the misfortune of having chosen this company.

And.. do you know - the thing is - no matter how much of a mess up they made - so much could have been fixed by the following words and actions:

"I'm so sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you - I will get someone to resolve your issue right away" ... TA DA! Happy customers, that feel someone has their best interests at heart.

in reply to your written and pointless arugment above, you need to look at the bigger picture, we came to have a good time you can point the finger at danesp alot, say what you feel and maybe just maybe your get the stuff of your chest you so desire not to carry anymore. these things happen if you feel you were some what treated wrong then thats your opion, there were too many people complain repeatly for the stuff to help, rather than get on with gettin people there apartments, which slowed bookin in time down by at least 20-25 minutes per person, if you would of paid your security depoist fee when asked couple months back then you wouldnt have had to wait hours. it would have been quick and easy thats one problem.

another promblem as you point out, the buses, if you felt the bueses didnt go to the standard you expected, thats your opion, i thought they done really well on the friday there was lot of angry people due to the concert ending so early it was no ones fault the bues took so long you try moving 6,000 people in the space of half an hour. which was made even longer due to the increasing volume of more and more people tryin to get back, there were 5 staff memebers of danesp tryin hard to get everyone home, unhurt and respectfully on time. but with the crowd control no-one was taking any voice seriouse i witnesed many angry tired,drunk and maybe drug inflected people tryin to get on a bus even know they had no clue were it was going... the staff done well to make a system and a queing system was made. this system was then carried on from saturday and sunday. no problems.

regarding the other things that happend over the period of time i was there, was just another excuse for people to have a go at either dan him self or one of the lads in a blue top, they took a lot of stick and tried hard to make sure everyone was ok. things took time but they did get corrected at the end. the water is another subject why come to spain and complain the water is not hot when your are in a hot place, you need to think about the comments your writting and maybe use the COLD water you had to chill the f**k OUT.. NEXT year it will be completly differnt if your unhappy with what has gone voice it but dont point the fingers at DanEsp. You are the ones that made things worse by complaing a not enjoyin your vacation a lot of people paid 1,000´s for this and they spend more time tryin to voice there opions on the matters that were at large, if you have a problem or enquiry just stay patient and not take it out on the blue shirts there just tryin to do there jobs, but made worse by threts and other stupid activites.

this year is over now, so please try and forget and look forward to 2010, things may look bad now but next year there a glance in the past. i cant wait for next year i hope it will be much better and we can just laugh out loud about this at FIB next year

1) Thanks for calling my post 'pointless' - it reminds me very much of last week's experience. And, yes I will make the facts and my views heard now.

2) There is no other way for a customer to resolve an issue without coming and telling you about it. You may wish to call this a complaint. But, to be fair, they certainly had cause to complain. However, had you spent less time shouting at innocent people you would have found the queue would have gone down much quicker.

3) Whom would you suggest people 'point the finger' at? Danesep FiB were the 'organisers'.

4) I did pay my security deposit beforehand.

5) There were not 6,000 trying to get on your coaches on the first night, but it still did not work, did it?

6) Maybe should should point out your feelings about people showering in cold versus hot water on your website, then they can make their decisions before they choose to book.

7) Believe me - people would MUCH rather be out there enjoying their holidays rather than worrying if they are going to have a roof over their heads.

8) Yes - 2010 will be much better as I will not be using Danesp FiB.

in reply to your written and pointless arugment above, you need to look at the bigger picture, we came to have a good time you can point the finger at danesp alot, say what you feel and maybe just maybe your get the stuff of your chest you so desire not to carry anymore. these things happen if you feel you were some what treated wrong then thats your opion, there were too many people complain repeatly for the stuff to help, rather than get on with gettin people there apartments, which slowed bookin in time down by at least 20-25 minutes per person, if you would of paid your security depoist fee when asked couple months back then you wouldnt have had to wait hours. it would have been quick and easy thats one problem.

another promblem as you point out, the buses, if you felt the bueses didnt go to the standard you expected, thats your opion, i thought they done really well on the friday there was lot of angry people due to the concert ending so early it was no ones fault the bues took so long you try moving 6,000 people in the space of half an hour. which was made even longer due to the increasing volume of more and more people tryin to get back, there were 5 staff memebers of danesp tryin hard to get everyone home, unhurt and respectfully on time. but with the crowd control no-one was taking any voice seriouse i witnesed many angry tired,drunk and maybe drug inflected people tryin to get on a bus even know they had no clue were it was going... the staff done well to make a system and a queing system was made. this system was then carried on from saturday and sunday. no problems.

regarding the other things that happend over the period of time i was there, was just another excuse for people to have a go at either dan him self or one of the lads in a blue top, they took a lot of stick and tried hard to make sure everyone was ok. things took time but they did get corrected at the end. the water is another subject why come to spain and complain the water is not hot when your are in a hot place, you need to think about the comments your writting and maybe use the COLD water you had to chill the f**k OUT.. NEXT year it will be completly differnt if your unhappy with what has gone voice it but dont point the fingers at DanEsp. You are the ones that made things worse by complaing a not enjoyin your vacation a lot of people paid 1,000´s for this and they spend more time tryin to voice there opions on the matters that were at large, if you have a problem or enquiry just stay patient and not take it out on the blue shirts there just tryin to do there jobs, but made worse by threts and other stupid activites.

this year is over now, so please try and forget and look forward to 2010, things may look bad now but next year there a glance in the past. i cant wait for next year i hope it will be much better and we can just laugh out loud about this at FIB next year

Edited by feral chile

oi f**k face, for one. they wernt double booked, we didnt get the apartments in time. its not a f**kin hotel you dick edd your renting apartmetns, another thing you can suck on my balls, i worked for them i had a shit time end of. so dont give me your little bitch about payin lots of money wow a grand, my co-worker is gonna probley spend 10 times that on theorpy after you lot not you as indivual f**ked his head up with all your shit threatning him or giving him abuse. you lot shud be a shamed of yourself.

as for coming back do one. im not part of danesp. it was expernise which i dont want to do again. you lot make me sick, being british.. you lot are dirty low life scum. have a good day prick face.

oi f**k face, for one. they wernt double booked, we didnt get the apartments in time. its not a f**kin hotel you dick edd your renting apartmetns, another thing you can suck on my balls, i worked for them i had a shit time end of. so dont give me your little bitch about payin lots of money wow a grand, my co-worker is gonna probley spend 10 times that on theorpy after you lot not you as indivual f**ked his head up with all your shit threatning him or giving him abuse. you lot shud be a shamed of yourself.

as for coming back do one. im not part of danesp. it was expernise which i dont want to do again. you lot make me sick, being british.. you lot are dirty low life scum. have a good day prick face.