Celtic Beer Rally

Guest BeardedTheory

Woah, am I glad I didn't go to this to trade! I contemplated it but after a series of emails trying to get some answers from this stuart geezer the alarm bells started ringing when he wouldn't give me any info so I just forgot about it and didn't bother pursuing a pitch - phew!!

Woah, am I glad I didn't go to this to trade! I contemplated it but after a series of emails trying to get some answers from this stuart geezer the alarm bells started ringing when he wouldn't give me any info so I just forgot about it and didn't bother pursuing a pitch - phew!!

Be thankful - I am a trader who did go. He claimed his name was Stuart Boyd - yet we heard yesterday that his real name is Wright (from one of the bands that he didn't pay and who ate with us). I am e-mailing his company to request my pitch fee back within the next seven days. I do not anticipate I will get a reply. I will then report him to the police and begin an action in the small claims court against him. Should this be successful and he does not pay up (and since he owes money to everyone, guess this is unlikely), I will start proceeding to have him made bankrupt. At least then he cannot pull this scam again. I urge any of you who have been ripped of by this man, either traders or members of the public, to follow suit.

Please note, this festival was not in any way associated with the Maker Sunshine Festival which has run very successfully for the last 10 years.

went to this festival, travelled 200 miles to it from south wales. I was one of first to arrive and you could see the check in office was a shambles to start off with, no info on what was happening etc. got stuck in the mud straight away(motorhome) fair do the security guys pulled us straight out and promised if we got stuck they would pull us out again. By sat morning there wasn't a security guy to be seen, I watched as people pulled out and then they started pulling the showers away we knew this was going pear shaped. the security, showers, traders and bands had not been paid. people were still in the dark at this time. the police were at the bottom of the hill closing fest down, shame on that crook that set it all up. poor traders and people who got nothing, dont think there is much chance of any money back here, hope everyone hounds him aND THE POLICE GET HIM IN THE END CROOK. :blink::huh:

We have decided that we will sell tickets with 20% knocked off if you attended the Celtic Beer Rally Festival. This is on a first come first served basis and only available this week on over the phone bookings. 01527 592756. I’m sure everyone who is already attending will not begrudge us trying to spread a little happiness. (proof of purchase required)

We have under 100 tickets left and will be selling out this week. To buy your tickets please go to http://www.etickets.to/buy/?e=1764

A small amount if tickets will be available on the gate to appease the local residents (as advised by the council). However it is advised if you do want to buy one of these to arrive on Friday 15th as literally it is a handful.

For full details about the festival please visit www.beardedtheory.co.uk . The stunning line up includes Hawkwind, Saw Doctors, Dreadzone and loads more!!

Just to add, a day later

Tickets will be actually £30 to Celtic Beer people so its more than 20% just for clarity.

Ta

Edited by BeardedTheory

As one of the few who made it on site to this cockup of a festival, got to say, what a great bunch of people turned out. This could have gone really pear shaped, lot of really pissed off people about, me included!!But for a few hours, on Saturday, the sun shone, beer flowed (very cheaply)... thanks bar folks and a few hundred of us had a decent party.

Top marks to Circus of Sound for a great set (unpaid) (any organiser should book them) and th PA guys for not cutting them off!! It's a real shame that the Maker Events / Volksfest guys couldn't salvage the remainder of the weekend but thanks for trying...Also thanks D&C police for letting us try and have the best time we could at a dead festival!!! Hope EBO and his other half had a good time especially. Oh and thanks Mr Stuart scumbag Boyd/Wright for the free tent!! :lol:

I'm one of the organisers for the Lowender festival and we went ahead on the same weekend.

To be honest, after reading their lineup and what they were hoping to achieve we made the decision not to move the festival to another weekend as we thought the celtic festy wouldn't be going ahead anyway,- the sums just didn't add up. (mind you we have the luxury of knowing the site and what numbers you can expect to get)

The really annoying thing is that they left it to the last minute to cancel,- I'm sure it affected our numbers, which although not awful and enough to make a nice festival, were not enough to turn a profit this year.

It really did only take a moment to look at what they were doing to know it was doomed, they needed a much larger site, and they needed to sell out...

I feel for them a bit because it's easy to get carried away,- but where my sympathy runs out is not cancelling a few weeks beforehand when it became obvious to them they were going to lose alot.

It was one of the craziest business plans I've ever seen!

Kind regards

Dave Rich

As one of the few who made it on site to this cockup of a festival, got to say, what a great bunch of people turned out. This could have gone really pear shaped, lot of really pissed off people about, me included!!But for a few hours, on Saturday, the sun shone, beer flowed (very cheaply)... thanks bar folks and a few hundred of us had a decent party.

Top marks to Circus of Sound for a great set (unpaid) (any organiser should book them) and th PA guys for not cutting them off!! It's a real shame that the Maker Events / Volksfest guys couldn't salvage the remainder of the weekend but thanks for trying...Also thanks D&C police for letting us try and have the best time we could at a dead festival!!! Hope EBO and his other half had a good time especially. Oh and thanks Mr Stuart scumbag Boyd/Wright for the free tent!! :unsure: