Is it just me?

Guest Naked_Jesus

Or do Linkin Park and Taking back Sunday seem awfully out of place on this bill?

It'd be great if the second headliner was that kind of size and exactly what the organisers need to get the festival noticed (and sold out)

The organisers seem to think the next announcement is huge but have been let down by organisers in the past saying that and not delivering.

Fingers crossed it's someone huge! I mean, maybe it's all 3!! :(

Well yeah. If they invented a plane or a time machine that made that remotely feasible, I imagine they'd get more than a little attention.

Seriously though, by the look of things they could be well on their way to making a monumental loss at this festival. What with the current ticket sales and the amounts they'd have to have paid to secure NIN, Linkin Park (love them or loathe them, they didn't come cheap) and Metallica.

I see this going one of two ways.

Either they'll get a band such as Tool (although it won't be Tool) in an attempt to convince people that this particular festival really is worth the money for two days. Or they'll get someone cheap who will appeal to some LP fans, expand the arena (and thus reduce camping space) and go all out to try and make their money from day tickets.

I posted this on the soni forums this morning, and i reckon I'm not a million miles wrong

I'm beginning to seriously think that Galbraith doesnt have anyone else up his sleeve?

Apart from the "nothing" announcement with skindred on, there has been nothing of substance since NIN. Nothing but empty promises and diversion tactics.

SG sold me on the festival with his "quality not quantity" mantra - now that most of the big names have got their summer's pretty much decided, I dont think soni have landed anyone else.

I am no longer getting my hopes up that this promised announcement is either coming - or substantial.

I agree. there seem to be far too many stall tactics and open ended announcements.

Also, they are selling the festival on the strength of the line up (quality and not quantity) but is the line up really as potent as we're lead to believe it is.

Could be FNM. Looks like they're not a dl exclusive after all and are playing r and l.

That would spice the line up up and be considered by most pretty huge. A DL headliner second on the bill?

I have faith in Stuart Galbraith, you need to give him some credit and slack. He is inventing a whole new festival, first year and has landed Metallica, Machine Head, Lamb of God, NIN.

I think he has done a blinding job. Your always going to get stuff you don't like at a festival.

But this is his first year and he is competing with download which was made huge by him so he is really battling against himself haha.

So have fait i reckon a big announcement means a big announcement.

Biffoire's right, if you want to compete with the big boys on price from day one, you've got to compete with them on everything else.

Undeniably, Metallica, Linkin Park and NIN are massive bands and as long as the other 2nd headliner is of that stature I'll be reasonably satisfied on the lineup front whatever else comes. But the price was steep no matter who they managed to get, and the organisation and communication seems poor so far. They may simply be playing their cards close to their chest, but if people have shelled out on this already or are thinking about it they've got every right to want to know more about it.

Thing is though, since its staggered if there ends up being around about 30 ish bands on the main stages then i see it as being about on par with Download and such (as they have 3 stages so your only really going to get to see a third of the bands playing) and it also means theres a lot less "filler" bands and lesser known bands.

Then theres all the acts they also get for the campsite/third stage.

No to mention the bands are generally bigger.

I mean Slipknot are headlining Download but playing a sub spot for sonisphere in EU. Even Feeder who will be playing a relatively low done spot at sonisphere were headlining Download a few years back (but to be fair they're arent as much in the limelight as previously).

I see the price as justified and at the end of the day its only and extra what 20 quid or something. Hardly anything to get worried over.

personally i'm much more enthusiastic about frank turner and skindred than i am about avenged sevenfold or airbourne. i paid the full ticket pice when the only bands i was really excited about were nine inch nails and machine head. imagine how much you'd pay to see the likes of metallica and linkin park at their own shows. the ticket price is justified i think.

and as many people say year in year out, if you're that bothered, stay at home.

Edited by edgar