The security makes isle of wight a bad festival

Guest richybear

Shame becouse i love the festival :)

Been twice before and loved it, but the whole festival is over shadowed by heavy handed security,

even to the point where you can't get in to see the bands.

Don't think i'll go again becouse of this, bestival is far better in terms of atmospere

And everyone i'v spoken to thats been says the same ;)

what you think?

same.....they are only there to do their job. ive never beeb bothered by them

I must agree with Andrew and Lauz on this one as I thought they were very helpful when needed,and kept quite a low profile unless they was any problems.

Never had an issue with security. Last year on Sunday afternoon I was walking around aimlessly enjoying the sunshine and a dodgy looking geezer came sprinting past running over anybody and everything in his way followed by three security blokes. Next thing a supervisor was on his radio advising his colleagues in which direction the guy was running. I was impressed that they seemed so organised. Couple of minutes later I saw him on the deck with three big blokes sitting on him.

I was talking to a couple of coppers on Sunday night and they said it was largely a peaceful trouble free festival, because most of the people had come for a good time and weren't prepared to tollerate dickheads causing trouble. Apart from the usual drug seizures he said it was a relatively easy job for them

They made us throw our kit kats away.Little bit petty me thinks.

it's the same security firm that does all the major festivals and events as i have several friends that work for them.

so how can the security that do all these events make just this one single event bad?

it's the same security firm that does all the major festivals and events as i have several friends that work for them.

so how can the security that do all these events make just this one single event bad?

all the security bashing is pathetic, they are there to do a job and they do a bloody great job and if it comes across as sometimes heavy handed or intimidating then it is because that is what is required at the time in order to control a situation and make sure people have a safe time.

how many tens of thousands of people go to these events and have a carefree safe and enjoyable time? pretty much all of them and why is this? it's because of the great job the security do in making sure everything runs smoothly and people are kept safe.

and do they get thanks? rarely! people just leave often without thanking the security guys as they leave after a great trouble free weekend and then bemoan the security because they a few of them may have been a bit moody or off with them at some point.

in general so long as you are obeying the rules and not acting like a prick then you will have no issues or even much reason to even deal with security, and if you find their demeanour or attitude to come across as unfriendly then so what?

that's more to do with the way you perceive things and perhaps paranoia they are there to do a serious important job and if some of them from time to time are being overly serious then it's probably called for, i would much prefer that then them acting like clowns or some kind of f**king greeter, i want them to sometimes look scary in order to scare the dicks that may be contemplating making trouble.

at the end of the day they are just regular men and women like you and me who do this fairly low paid job because they need the extra money, they give up their time and spend time away from their friends and family and have to deal with all manner of drunken drugged up arseholes who we don't get to see as these guys deal with them before they get a chance to bother us.

people need to grow up and just take stock and realise just what it is these guys do for us and think about what they have to deal with and what they are giving up in order to do so and all for a pretty mediocre pay packet considering what they have to deal with and the hours they are doing.

i think it's fair enough if a small few of them get pissed off and act moody or over the top from time to time because i know full well i have my moments when at work and pissed off and i don't think anyone can claim otherwise of themselves.

this summer i say do yourself a favour and hug a security dude and say thanks for helping you have a great weekend :)

Edited by .jay.

all the security bashing is pathetic, they are there to do a job and they do a bloody great job and if it comes across as sometimes heavy handed or intimidating then it is because that is what is required at the time in order to control a situation and make sure people have a safe time.

how many tens of thousands of people go to these events and have a carefree safe and enjoyable time? pretty much all of them and why is this? it's because of the great job the security do in making sure everything runs smoothly and people are kept safe.

and do they get thanks? rarely! people just leave often without thanking the security guys as they leave after a great trouble free weekend and then bemoan the security because they a few of them may have been a bit moody or off with them at some point.

in general so long as you are obeying the rules and not acting like a prick then you will have no issues or even much reason to even deal with security, and if you find their demeanour or attitude to come across as unfriendly then so what?

that's more to do with the way you perceive things and perhaps paranoia they are there to do a serious important job and if some of them from time to time are being overly serious then it's probably called for, i would much prefer that then them acting like clowns or some kind of f**king greeter, i want them to sometimes look scary in order to scare the dicks that may be contemplating making trouble.

at the end of the day they are just regular men and women like you and me who do this fairly low paid job because they need the extra money, they give up their time and spend time away from their friends and family and have to deal with all manner of drunken drugged up arseholes who we don't get to see as these guys deal with them before they get a chance to bother us.

people need to grow up and just take stock and realise just what it is these guys do for us and think about what they have to deal with and what they are giving up in order to do so and all for a pretty mediocre pay packet considering what they have to deal with and the hours they are doing.

i think it's fair enough if a small few of them get pissed off and act moody or over the top from time to time because i know full well i have my moments when at work and pissed off and i don't think anyone can claim otherwise of themselves.

this summer i say do yourself a favour and hug a security dude and say thanks for helping you have a great weekend :)

this summer i say do yourself a favour and hug a security dude and say thanks for helping you have a great weekend ;)

i remember going to a festival years ago cant remember if it was ozzfest or download my memory is a bit hazy but i think it was Ozzfest 1998 at milton keynes bowl and the security there was shocking they was throwing people to the ground very hard when they was crowd surfing and laughing at people and not handing out water to the people who had been stuck at the front all day but thatts all i have seen wrong over the years of my gigs/festival adventures