One man tent

Guest Lauraxxx

a one man tent wil fit just that, one man (or woman).

if you want to put your bags/stuff in your tent you're gonna need a 2 man.

you should be able to pick one up for under £30 but beware of false economies. it is essential to have 2 layers, an inner tent and an outer flysheet; with a 1 skin tent if you, or your sleeping bag touch the side when its raining it will let water through and you'll get soaked.

Last year me and my partner took a tesco £10 tent to Glastonbury, there wasnt much room but we were able to fit two small air beds and a large bag. It rained really bad on the thursday night and suprisingly it did not leak through.. although anything that touched the sides tended to get wet.. so we had to make sure everything was covered in a bin bag to keep the water off!! Luckily the weather perked up for the rest of the festival.. Im not sure how long the tent would have stayed waterproof for. By the end of the festival there were a couple of holes in the seames but overall it done a basic job.

Although it turned out for the best im not taking any risks this year so im getting a bigger tent (much more confortable with the extra room and waterproof if the worst comes to the worst!)

I'd recomend spending as much as you can afford on a tent.. so good luck & have a great one!!

:lol:

You can get anything in the tent range £10 up to £500. It's one of those things that you need to keep in mind that you do get what you pay for. The cheaper it is it's likely to very much be a one use tent and also not going to be very good- you may find you can't get it to stay up very well etc.

For the lazy people (me included) a pop up tent is great £35- £40 normally.

http://backpackingshop.co.uk/MoonTent.html

There is also a second advantage to having such an easy to put up and take down tent. If you do want to move it due to unsuitable neighbors etc will be a lot less hassle.

Hi

We've just bought this one which is an absolute steal. Put up in 10mins on my own and, as a regular camper of 15 years, it's really good quality!

Trust me - after a full day in the mud and on the beer, the last thing you'll want to do when you get back to the tent is squeeze yourself, your muddy welly's and your wet back pack into a cheap, 1 man tent that is liable to collapse at the first sign of wind!!!

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/our-stores#

x

Editted to say it's the Gelert Nimbus 3 man!!!!

Edited by alix08

As othere have suggested, look at 2 man tents, with a waterproof outer and a mesh inner tent.

If your near a Millets/Blacks, they regularly have tents on discount, often last years (or even earlier) ranges so worth a visit (avoid any marked HighPoint/HP as they tend to be single skinners). Smaller tents like their Tamar or any of their smaller special editions are all good enough (usually domes that are pitched outer first, a very forgiving tent design) and you can pick up a good one of £20-30.

Avoid the 'monodome', most are listed as 'waterproof' but are really sweat boxes that cannot withstand a heavy downpour. The Gelert quick pitch SS has the same problem (and variable quality).

I think these look brilliant. Wouldn't matter how muddy it is as you're off the ground... there's doubles as welll

bit expensive though :P