Bringing own Booze

Guest YouWhat

Just one question......Why is it that there seems to be an obsessionon bringing in your own booze. This is our first Glasto, and while i like a drink i don't really fancy dragging packs of beer in...or is the beer on site overpriced...I don't do shorts, just decent beer and cider...NO LAGER

Approx £3.50 a pint at bars. 500ml bottle of wine £6 at wine bars. No idea about shorts though...

Bringing one's own is in no way compulsory, but saves a hell of a lot of money! Each to ther own, but I wouldn't be able to afford to have such a good time if I didn't carry in a couple of boxes of wine and some cans for the weekend.

Yeah, I agree with r0cky, defo nice to have a few beers at the tent especially as I work and will be getting there on the Monday, we always have a wander around site with a few beers on the first couple of days to get our bearings! Also nice not having to get up to go to a bar for our drinks, I don't think i'd drink half as much as I do if I had to find a bar, queue up and carry beers back to friends!!

Last year a mate and myself didn't take anywhere near enough vodka to last whole festival. The result was spending about 30 quid between us on Wednesday & Thursday, by Friday we had run out and we spent about 120 each on Friday and Saturday. This is not because we are obsessive, overindulging freaks :lol: , its just that when your drinking vodka its not worth battling all the way to the bar for a single drink so you buy a double or a triple to last a while. If you start casually drinking around 5ish and carry on through the night its not hard to clear 100 quid each night (this is not to mention food).

Needless to say, we will be putting the extra effort in for an hour and carrying all the drink we could need this year :unsure:

my first glasto I took too little beer (cans of 6x and OSH), the most annoying thing wasn't spending the money, I could handle that, it was having to carry an open cup of beer in the crowds and not being able to just 'crack open another one' in the middle of my favourite song.

Last year a mate and myself didn't take anywhere near enough vodka to last whole festival. The result was spending about 30 quid between us on Wednesday & Thursday, by Friday we had run out and we spent about 120 each on Friday and Saturday. This is not because we are obsessive, overindulging freaks :) , its just that when your drinking vodka its not worth battling all the way to the bar for a single drink so you buy a double or a triple to last a while. If you start casually drinking around 5ish and carry on through the night its not hard to clear 100 quid each night (this is not to mention food).

Needless to say, we will be putting the extra effort in for an hour and carrying all the drink we could need this year :)

Just a quick Q is there any shops local ie within half an hour that sells booze?? we'll be arriving by bus and as such dont really fancy treking around with a load of cans all day, would u suggest stocking up on cans before arriving or is there a local shop selling cheap boozers??

5 Days drinking from morning until late into the night if I did'nt bring 60 cans and 2 bottles of vodka to supplement the Brothers I'd spend about £500!

Just a quick Q is there any shops local ie within half an hour that sells booze?? we'll be arriving by bus and as such dont really fancy treking around with a load of cans all day, would u suggest stocking up on cans before arriving or is there a local shop selling cheap boozers??

You've got to think about how much you'll drink. Most tend to underestimate, maybe use how much they'll drink on a night out as a guide. But 10 pints on a night out and you're smashed. 10 pints spread evenly throughout a festival day and you're barely drunk. I tend to drink 15-20 a day. If I bought all that at the bar it'd be £250-£350.