Litter picking

Guest matilda100

Yeah, cheques cleared the other day too! The past four years I've always gone with a large group of friends as a usual glasto-goer. This year its just me and one other (he's about this forum somewheeeere) as litter picks, hoping for a totally different experience.

We picked Greenfields as preference #1 on the basis that there shouldn't be all that much litter and it might be a bit more alive in the mornings...

Anyone know what the free meals are?

Litter crew are fab :lol: Last year I was doing an early shift at Pyramid info - watched them sweep through the field. Immaculate.

And after, they were all really chirpy... all smiles and stuff. I'd imagined litter as a god-awful job, but the team I saw seemed to be rocking. :D

Edited by paulo999

At Glasto I pay and chill though I work other festivals where I have done, amongst other things, the litter pick. And it always makes me angry.

I hate the waste. People doing things like buying cheap tents and then just leaving them at the end because they can't be bothered to pack them up and take them home.

At another festival I go to the site is used the rest of the year by the Caravan Club so it has to be spotless at the end. That means the litter pick has to clear every fag end and every bit of silly string.

In an ideal world Litter Picks shouldn't be needed, people should clear their own mess.

Once you've done a litter pick you think twice about dropping anything.

Maybe there should be a time every day when everyone does a litter pick.

At Glasto I pay and chill though I work other festivals where I have done, amongst other things, the litter pick. And it always makes me angry.

I hate the waste. People doing things like buying cheap tents and then just leaving them at the end because they can't be bothered to pack them up and take them home.

At another festival I go to the site is used the rest of the year by the Caravan Club so it has to be spotless at the end. That means the litter pick has to clear every fag end and every bit of silly string.

In an ideal world Litter Picks shouldn't be needed, people should clear their own mess.

Once you've done a litter pick you think twice about dropping anything.

Maybe there should be a time every day when everyone does a litter pick.

Litter crew are fab :D Last year I was doing an early shift at Pyramid info - watched them sweep through the field. Immaculate.

And after, they were all really chirpy... all smiles and stuff. I'd imagined litter as a god-awful job, but the team I saw seemed to be rocking. :D

ignorance is bliss eh?

litterpicked for three years on the pyramid:

never found any drugs or a mobile, average cash find has been about £10 in coins (oooh,big money!).

did find a camera, which was knackered but i tracked down the owner after the festival (from one of the pictures on it) and sent the sd card to them (containing over 800 photos).

so piss off with your assumptions!

p.s- and it can be bloody hard work, especially if the weather is good! (2007 was my easiest one)

Edited by Ed209

f**k man. No need to be so rude. Easy on the aggro. Its just what i heard. Maybe you're so pissed because everyone else is finding stuff and you've come home with a couple of pound coins and a used jonny.

And don't act like the saint who litter picks out of the kindness of his own heart to return sd cards to his fellow man. You get a free ticket and if that camera had worked you probably would have kept it.

Arsehole

Edited by challengechappers

bit hard to please aren't you?!

i hear duck a l'orange is on the menu this year...

breakfast is normally egg, bacon, sausages (meat and veggie) or cereal (real cheapie, no Crunchy Nut if that's what you're hoping for!).

Edited by daisylane

i'm allergic/intolerant to lots of things, hence the fussyness. though egg, bacon and sausages sounds fabulous!

as for the assumption i'm litter picking to find free stuff, this aint true. why would i want someone's battered old mobile? and i don't do drugs so that'd be no use for me either. the fact the ticket is free is paying for the fact i have to get up at 6am to pretty up a field everyone has to stand in a few hours later!