Elbow?

Guest PaulDavis

I don't think they're too big for the JJB, when you look at the acts who've played in there recently

Are they big enough to headline now? I think they would be best suited to play the JJB myself but headline? I thouight last but one but they have sold a lot of albums in the last yuear so yeah they probably are big enough

I can see them fitting in anywhere tonight you know, I just watched the brits and yeah they won best british group so yeah could be in line for a big slot, who knows?

I still think they would be best kept off the main stage though, I could see them play under the headline act on C4 stage though, say if it was Bloc party I could see them under, or headline JJB yeah

Nice for the lads, winning tonight

I agree that Scissor Sisters are no longer in the limelight and would not get a high booking unless V were strapped for cash after booking Killers and Oasis and Scissor Sisters were going cheap, but I could see them on the line up perhaps

That beingsaid though Alphabeat are basically the in Scissor Sisters and I bet they would come cheaper so i reckon we will just get Alphabeat again, which Im fine with :lol:

i love elbow. beautiful music. not bothered if they dont headline just as long as they have a good slot. will have my reefa ready for that one. just hope they play big time. not sure where i would want them to play. would like the intimacy of the jjb but it could get really rammed and be a sweaty uncomfortable pit.

hopefully this year we shall have sun and they play at sunset

i love elbow. beautiful music. not bothered if they dont headline just as long as they have a good slot. will have my reefa ready for that one. just hope they play big time. not sure where i would want them to play. would like the intimacy of the jjb but it could get really rammed and be a sweaty uncomfortable pit.

Elbow are stunningly beautiful and due to my Student days of watching them in Night & Day etc.. I think they are more suited to the JJB if at night but would love a nice lovely sunny outside set for them but even with the year they are having, I don't think they could even bring sunshine

I'll be your corpse in the bathtub Useless

yup it is a great album...i think a lot of it was to do with there bad relationship with V2 at the time...only releasing 2 singles...a big lack of promo! and with them leaving ther contract not long after the albums release there was a lack of touring! which is why the last tour was pretty much 1/2 seldom and 1/2 leaders with 2 or 3 older songs thrown in...to make up for the lack of touring of that great album! so that pleased me :P

the original plan when Elbow signed under a new label was to actually re-release Leaders etc... but then changed there minds and decided to release new material with Seldom!

Elbow have gotta be headlinin the c4 or high on the main!