WEATHER 2009 !

Guest sdaveak47

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it does rain and it seems more and more likely that it will, i don't think that a mud bath is that likely. In the past we've had higher than average rainfall in the run up to the festival. This has caused the ground to be at saturation point by the time the festival has started. Thats why we've had proper mudbaths in festivals past. This year with only an average or below average rainfall in the run up,coupled with bettter drainage and a few sunny days during the festival means the washouts of past years won't happen. Yes there will be mud but not on the scale of recent years and if the tempratures stay as predicted the ground will dry quicker than normaly and leave it better for walking round etc.

So all in all i think a similar weather pattern to last year will be with us while at the fest. When alls said and done last year wasn't that bad at all. I've experienced far worse weather in years past at other festies as well as Glasto. So do't be downhearted peeps, we all want 100% sunshine, but this is england and it pisses it down a lot. I live in rainy city ( Manc-chester ) and we have rain pretty much 362 days a year.

I know some of you will say what a load of bollox but i like to be optimistic and look on the brightside.

This will be my 3rd glasto and my 6th festival over all...

V 05... roasting hot every day...

v 06....pissed it down every day

G 07...pissed it down every day

v 07...pissed it down every day

G 08...rain Thursday night / Friday morning... lovely sunshine for the rest...

I dread the rain but I know I will be having a top time still.... If it gets to the point where you think its going to be more hassle than fun and considering its more likely to rain than not I would be thinking if its really worth going.

I needed the sun in 08, if it had rain for a fourth consecutive festival I think I might of thought wise about going. The hot ones do revitalise you I find :P

Glasto 2004 pissed it down

Glasto 2005 pissed it down

V06 (shit) pissed it down

Glasto 2007 pissed it dow

Hop Farm 2008 pissed it down

i'm starting to think it might be my fault

The solution is just to ignore Metcheck completely.

If it does rain and it seems more and more likely that it will, i don't think that a mud bath is that likely. In the past we've had higher than average rainfall in the run up to the festival. This has caused the ground to be at saturation point by the time the festival has started. Thats why we've had proper mudbaths in festivals past. This year with only an average or below average rainfall in the run up,coupled with bettter drainage and a few sunny days during the festival means the washouts of past years won't happen. Yes there will be mud but not on the scale of recent years and if the tempratures stay as predicted the ground will dry quicker than normaly and leave it better for walking round etc.

So all in all i think a similar weather pattern to last year will be with us while at the fest. When alls said and done last year wasn't that bad at all. I've experienced far worse weather in years past at other festies as well as Glasto. So do't be downhearted peeps, we all want 100% sunshine, but this is england and it pisses it down a lot. I live in rainy city ( Manc-chester ) and we have rain pretty much 362 days a year.

I know some of you will say what a load of bollox but i like to be optimistic and look on the brightside.

well based on this site ive just found which is the met offices historic statistics site and give you a kind of idea....

Metoffice historic stats

and using the site yeovilton seen as its the closet then....

2005 year of the storm the month of June saw 112.9mm of rain

2007 just plain awful year saw 102.8mm

compared with last year which was only 26.8mm

so at the minute were all still good i think :P

well based on this site ive just found which is the met offices historic statistics site and give you a kind of idea....

Metoffice historic stats

and using the site yeovilton seen as its the closet then....

2005 year of the storm the month of June saw 112.9mm of rain

2007 just plain awful year saw 102.8mm

compared with last year which was only 26.8mm

so at the minute were all still good i think :)

bbc tv forecast at 1.30 pm today:

up to 26C [79f] by thurs and fri. just the possibility of some thundery showers in some areas on or after fri. humidity increasing as the week progresses - so, it'll get sticky, and feel quite hot.