Pukkelpop 2009

Guest Semprini

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sign of Blur so obviously rumour was a load of rubbish. Here's the new names though:

Placebo

Eagles of Death Metal

MSTRKRFT

Luciano presents AEther

Ladyhawke

The Rifles

Devotchka

The Black Angels

Bill Callahan

Rival Schools

Ghinzu

Gang Gang Dance

La Roux

The Living End

Zebrahead

The Big Pink

Brakes

The Gay Blades

Hayseed Dixie

Future of the Left

The Virgins

Looks like Placebo will be headlining the Friday night, which probably rules out any chance of the Prodigy playing now :) Pleased about Brakes, The Rifles, AEther and La Roux though.

Placebo

Eagles of Death Metal

MSTRKRFT

Luciano presents AEther

Ladyhawke

The Rifles

Devotchka

The Black Angels

Bill Callahan

Rival Schools

Ghinzu

Gang Gang Dance

La Roux

The Living End

Zebrahead

The Big Pink

Brakes

The Gay Blades

Hayseed Dixie

Future of the Left

The Virgins

Looks like Placebo will be headlining the Friday night, which probably rules out any chance of the Prodigy playing now :)

Edited by inspectedinspector

Alphabetical order - all acts so far, I'll try and keep this up to date. Your welcome to use this list for yourself, so you can keep track of who you want to see, bands which you don't know and need to check out etc. I just find it useful to do this personally and much more prefer an electronic list because for me things will constantly change. Hope you dont mind me storing my junk here :) This is of course in a clash free world at the moment...

Bold and Underlined = Deffinetly want to see

Bold = Maybe

Striked out = Not for me

Standard text = Need to check out

o 50 Cent

o Aeroplane DJ set

o Air Traffic

o Airborne Toxic Event, The

o Alter Ego

o Andrew Bird

o And So I Watch You From Afar

o Andy C & MC GQ

o Anti-Flag

o Arctic Monkeys

o Asher Roth

o Baddies

o Beirut

o Big Pink, The

o Bill Callahan

o Birdy Nam Nam

o Black Box Revelation, The

o Black Lips

o Blackout, The

o Blood Red Shoes

o Bloody Beetroots, The

o Bombay Bicycle Club

o Bon Iver

o Booka Shade (live)

o Boy Crisis

o Brakes

o Bring Me The Horizon

o Brodinski

o Brookes Brothers

o Bug, The

o Buraka Som Sistema

o Busy P

o The Black Angels

o Cavalera Conspiracy

o Congorock vs His Majesty Andre

o Count & Sinden, The

o Crookers

o Crystal Antlers

o The Chapman Family

o Dananananaykroyd

o Dave Clarke

o Deerhunter

o Deftones

o Delphic

o dEUS

o DeVotchKa

o Dinosaur Jr.

o Dizzee Rascal

o Don Rimini

o Eagles of Death Metal

o Ebony Bones!

o Ed Rush & Optical

o Ellen Allien

o Enter Shikari

o Eric Prydz

o Face To Face

o Faith No More

o Fake Blood

o Fennesz

o Fever Ray

o Fight like Apes

o Florence and The Machine

o Future of the Left

o Gang Gang Dance

o Gay Blades, The

o Get Up Kids, The

o Ghinzu

o Glasvegas

o Golden Silvers

o Grizzly Bear

o Grooverider & MC ID

o The Ghost of a Thousand

o Hank III & Assjack

o Hanne Hukkelberg

o Hayseed Dixie

o Health

o Hickey Underworld, The

o Howling Bells

o Hudson Mohawke

o Invisible, The

o Jack Penate

o James Yuill

o Jesus Lizard, The

o Jon Hopkins

o Juan MacLean, The

o Kap Bambino

o Kissy Sell Out

o Klaxons

o Kraftwerk

o LA Riots

o La Roux

o Ladyhawke

o Life of Agony

o Living End, The

o Luciano presents AEther

o Maccabees, The

o Mad Caddies

o Magnetic Man feat Skream and Benga

o Magnus (DJ)

o Martin Solveig

o Maxïmo Park

o Metric

o Micachu & The Shapes

o Moderat

o MSTRKRFT

o My Bloody Valentine

o N*E*R*D

o New Found Glory

o Noisia

o Offspring, The

o Opeth

o Partyharders Squad

o Passion Pit

o Patrick Wolf

o Paul Kalkbrenner

o Paulo Nutini

o Peaches

o Phoenix

o Placebo

o Port O'Brien

o Puppetmastaz

o The Parlor Mob

o Razorlight

o Rifles, The

o Rival Schools

o Rolo Tomassi

o Rusko Live

o Shadow Dancer

o Shantel & Bucovina Club Orkestar

o Simian Mobile Disco (live)

o Snow Patrol

o Soap & Skin

o Soft Pack, The

o Squarepusher

o Steve Aoki

o Sub Focus & MC Jakes

o Subs, The

o Telepathe

o Temper Trap, The

o This City

o Thursday

o Ting Tings, The

o Tocadisco

o Tortoise

o Twang, The

o Vetiver

o Virgins, The

o Vitalic

o Whitest Boy Alive, The

o Wilco

o Yo Majesty

o Yuksek

o Zebrahead

o Zero 7

o Zombie Nation (live)

Edited by inspectedinspector

I would like to have a list that shows what acts are playing on a day to day basis that can be easily be printed off.

I have problems trying to print the one off on the official site and this website don't recognise that there are any bands playing. Does anyone else know somewhere that can be printed off?

I would like to have a list that shows what acts are playing on a day to day basis that can be easily be printed off.

I have problems trying to print the one off on the official site and this website don't recognise that there are any bands playing. Does anyone else know somewhere that can be printed off?

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the last few announcements I wasn't expecting any news until Tuesday but I'm pleased with a few of the names here. I've been a fan of the Twang for a while now and they put in a good performance in 2007 so I'll definitely be catching them again this time. Maximo Park and Fever Ray should both be worth a look too and I'll try and listen to some Bombay Bicycle Club before we set off to see what they're about.

Thursday is looking very busy for me at the moment and I'm sure there'll be some horrible clashes when the timetable comes out. I've worked out definites I want to see for each day though and there's about 13 on Thursday, 9 for Friday and 12 on Saturday (at the minute :lol: ). There's probably another 10 on each day that I'd like to see if there's no clash with any of my definites so as usual there'll be more on offer than it'll be humanly possible to see.

Been a while since we've had any of these but some self-confirmations have come in via myspace. The Waxdolls will play on 21st August and Tommy Sparks and Le Corps Mince De Françoise will both play on 22nd.

Hopefully there'll be an official announcement this week and maybe even the timetable will be published too :D

More new names, and all official this time :P

Vampire Weekend, Tommy Sparks, Absynthe Minded, Daan, Stijn, Sukilove, Das Pop, Freaky Age, White Circle Crime Club, Creature With The Atom Brain, Team William, Drive Like Maria, The Sedan Vault, The Galacticos, Tomàn, Vegas!, Madensuyu, Krakow, The Bony King Of Nowhere, Yuko, Spoil Engine, Waxdolls, Nid & Sancy, Nitebytes, HairGlow, Dr. Lektroluv, Sound of Stereo, Merdan Taplak, Ed & Kim, Rave Our Souls.

The English write up isn't on the website yet but from what I can make out from the Dutch section this announcement is mostly made up of Belgian bands and DJs. I've had my fingers crossed for Vampire Weekend for a while so am well chuffed they've come in.

I haven't added up the numbers for each day but we can't be far off the full quota of acts, possibly with the exception of Saturday which still looks a bit light. Of course the real fun will be when the timetable comes out and seeing what clashes there are - Thursday will probably be a nightmare for me as the number of bands and DJs I want to see just keeps growing and growing.

I've spent a bit of time listening to a few bands I haven't heard too much of before and as a result I'll definitely be seeing Passion Pit, The Virgins, Howling Bells, Moderat, The Juan Maclean, The Bug and Puppetmastaz :P

Yeah the new announcement looks good to me even though I haven't heard of much of them.

I love Vampire Weekend so I'm very pleased about that!

I agree the Howling Bells, Passion Pit and The Virgins are good as well.

Does anyone have any idea when the timetable is announced?

And has anyone else noticed that efestivals have put the line up onto the website now, it's been on there for about a week now I think.

I know what you're saying, their album is amazing and I can't wait to see what the live show is like. I really hope they don't clash with someone like Golden Silvers or Aeroplane as I want to full sets from all of them.

As for how many more bands to be announced, based on previous years there's about 68 acts each day so I reckon there's about another 3 each for Thursday and Friday and 10 or so for Saturday.

I definitely 100% will go and see them but tbh I didn't think they sounded that great at Glastonbury when I watched the set on red button. Having said that, I thought most of the bands in the John Peel Tent sounded a bit rough so hopefully it was just the coverage/stage rather than the bands themselves.

We must be getting towards the end of the announcements now as there's been 3 more today:

Amanda Blank - 20th

Customs - 21st

Little Boots - 22nd

I haven't looked into the first two yet but I'll probably go and see Little Boots on the Saturday. I did wonder whether she would be announced as she was down to play Pollslag but pulled out for some reason. I'm still holding out for Doves, Friendly Fires, White Lies and the Prodigy but it's probably too late in the day for any of them now :ph34r: Mustn't grumble really as the line up is amazing as per usual, just need the timetable now.......

It's can vary slightly from year to year but there's roughly about 68 bands/DJ's each day. Thursday now has 68, Friday 66 and Saturday 58 so there's definitely some scope for at least one mid to big name on the last day.

Pukkelpop is now my only annual festival as we've got a young son and it's hard to get away too often. I haven't really been to that many in this country, aside from V three times, Homelands, Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem twice, South West Four a few times and the Leeds Love Parade back in 2000. I've got some friends in Holland and I used to go over there a few times a year for festivals and clubbing so it was during those trips that I first saw the appeal of Euro fests and haven't looked back since!

I'm toying with the idea of going to Latitude for a day as it's only up the road from me but at £60 a ticket I'm undecided whether it's worth the money. A lot of the bands I want to see are playing in Belgium anyway so I'll probably save the money for some beers when I get over there :D