Campervan in E18?

Guest Magic Bus

For the past 2 years we have parked our motorhome in E14, but would love to be able to get into E18.

Last year although we were in the queue at the campervan gate at 8am on Wednesday, there was no way we could get past the E14 gate as there were stewards barring the way.Please can anyone offer any insight into a strategy for getting into E18? It obviously can be done as there were loads of vehicles in there by Wednesday evening.

Thanks

As there are no children in our van I don't go in the family field as I don't want to take a space a family might need. One year even tho' we expained my partner is quite badly asthmatic and the hill of death is a challenge, we still weren't able to park closer to it and were stuck in the field furthest away as that was the one they were filling up at the time. Fingers crossed for closer this year.

Im confused.

we were at the end of the first line that was let into the site, so about 7th or 8th van in, in 2008, and we drove straight down to the bottom field, got asked if we wanted family or not, and couldnt have been any closer ? I presume you went left at that juncture ? There were already a lot of campers in the field immediately to the left,even though we were straight in, so i guess crew vans ??

Do you have to drive across more fields then if you go left ???

I assumed that was the one you wnet in, and then they filled up backwards !!

Edited by BeddyDriver

E18 is reserved for staff campervans. We ended up in it by chance one year and there was no problem at all. It depends which car parking steward is on the entrance as to whether they will let you in or not.

E17 is a family campervan field but about half of the campervans have no kids and it is just as easy going as the other fields.