17 year old First timers

Guest drugged

Here's the deal. Me and my friends will be 17 when going to glastonbury, and we definately want to have a few drinks - this isn't like 'underage yobs' wanting to get rowdy though, we just want to have a good time. You couldn't really blame us for wanting to sit in the sun with a few beers could you? ;)

Anyway, my main questions are on bringing alcohol in, and buying it there;

Do they check everyone's bags for alcohol, and if so do they ask to see ID, or is it more like 'you've bought it, you're allowed it'? And do the places inside usually ask for ID when buying drinks or not?

Cheers.

Here's the deal. Me and my friends will be 17 when going to glastonbury, and we definately want to have a few drinks - this isn't like 'underage yobs' wanting to get rowdy though, we just want to have a good time. You couldn't really blame us for wanting to sit in the sun with a few beers could you? ;)

Anyway, my main questions are on bringing alcohol in, and buying it there;

Do they check everyone's bags for alcohol, and if so do they ask to see ID, or is it more like 'you've bought it, you're allowed it'? And do the places inside usually ask for ID when buying drinks or not?

Cheers.

i got IDed once last year and i was 16, almost 17.

it was at one of the proper bar tent things though and there were signs up everywhere about ID.

did get a couple of unsure looks off barmen sometimes, but they served me in the end! haha

this is bearing in mind that i usually get IDed in the 'real world', so you'll be fine!

it was stricter than the year before though, i was 15 and didn't get IDed once. suppose its the same everywhere getting stricter though really.

I was 17 last year and no one cared about the amount of alcohol we brought in...

on the first day I didn't get ID'd at the bar (I look like a 4 year old anyway) but I kept getting ID'd on the others but only at the bar...I had ridiculously fake ID anyway (the shit you get from the internet) and they took that so I was ok anyway...

you might get IDed in one of the proper pub tents but i cant see it happening at the cider bus. Bring your own. You'l be fine. There are spliffs everywhere so i cant see anyone caring about a few teenagers with some beers or whatever.

As for camping... Greenfields all the way. best place.

• 2 weeks later...