How much booze you aloud to take to glasto?

Guest reas11

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent read the whole thread, but 16 crates between how many people?

and I take it thats 24 can crates?

Unless they are gonna carry a crate around with them all day to drink from, theyre only gonna be drinking at the campsite so that is a little bit excessive. Bring a crate of 24 each, and a 2 litre bottle of mixed spirits each, that is enough to carry into the coach and onto the site (it might be a bit of a trek to wherever you are camping). There are plenty of bars onsite for you to use during the day.

Remember its going to be a scorcher this year so as long as you dont mind drinking very warm lager then bring as much as you can carry. Personally, the thought makes me gag and I would prefer to pay the extra to have it fresh and cold. Only hot and spicy cider works for me as a warm alcoholic drink. I find bringing spirits in plastic bottles and buying cold mixers on site works a lot better.

I know you will find it difficult cause you are on the bus, but if you are driving, stop into one of the cider places on the way to glasto and stock up with 4 litre plastic tubs,

this year we are planning,

4-6 4 litre tubs cider

1 crate beer

1x skittles vodka

3x other concoctions of vodka for everyone to sample at ciderbus on weds/thurs night!!!!!!

When I made it, I simply emptied a large packet of Skittles into a bottle of vodka. Dont put any green ones in as they make it go a horrible colour. Just leave it and they will eventually melt into the vodka. Remove the foamy scum (lush!!!) that forms on the top and there you have it. Enjoy!

someone nicked half a crate from my tent last years so there are problems with it. you cannot physically carry 4 cases with a bag and tent . unless you leave someone at the coach park and take it in turns (possibly leave the biggest drinker there to reduce weight ) I am sure this reminds me of as logic puzzle at school

When I made it, I simply emptied a large packet of Skittles into a bottle of vodka. Dont put any green ones in as they make it go a horrible colour. Just leave it and they will eventually melt into the vodka. Remove the foamy scum (lush!!!) that forms on the top and there you have it. Enjoy!

You are allowed to bring as much as you like but as others have mentioned, if you are coming by coach you are probably better off carrying spirits and buying beer on site xx Enjoy!! Whatever you decide to do. :)

In my experience (admittedly not very extensive because last year was my first Glasto) there's nowhere on site that sells crates of lager. Last year, me and 5 of my mates only took down one crate between us expecting to be able to buy more there. We ran out on the Friday night, and spent the rest of the weekend looking for somewhere that sold crates, to no avail.

There's plenty of bars, but taking enough cans down will save a lot of time and money. My advice - take whatever you can carry!

Handy tip though, to keep your cans reasonable cold make sure your crate is touching the ground and cover it with one of those silver emergency blankets you get from Poundland overnight, next day your cans should be reasonably chilled, even have a bit of condensation on them. :):D