Dave Gilmour..

Guest Sam Crawley

DG has no problem doing outdoor gigs - vis Gdansk and.....

...if the stories are to be believed ( I have info that they are) ..then DG offered to play Glastonbury 2008

..... and it would be fantastic if he were to be asked again for 2009. He is (apparently ) taking time out to write and plan next album ...no information on his views on live 2009 performances. His reaction to the 2008 'refusal' is key and given that he can be a bit moody and resentful I somehow doubt he took it well!!! He is however unpredictable enough to say yes. It is known that one of his personal regrets is not to have played Glastonbury ( especially as RW has ) ...and Michael Eavis is /was also apparently keen to have him play

.... we can only hope. 2010 will the 40th anniversary of Glastonbury and also the debut performance of Atom Heart Mother ....just a mile or so down the road from Pilton ... now there's a thought!!!??

It would appear not .... and I can appreciate why. The split was very spiteful with things being said on both sides that may well have produced irreconcilable differences.

You have to remember that RW 'sacked' Rick Wright and DG was very close to Rick. RW also tried to sack Nick Mason and DG ... pretty difficult to forgive that. Rick wright certainly never forgot nor forgave - as was evident from an interview shortly before hid death

wasn't \Gilmore practically begging to play glasto last year but left it too late?

and hasn't he said he wants to play this year, and i definitely remember him saying upon richard wrights death last year that he wished they had all got together as pink floyd for one last hurrah and he would have loved it to be somewhere like glastonbury and wright loved the festival.

so (a big wishful so) perhaps they may do just that in honour of both wright and barrat?

i can dream can't i? :huh:

wasn't \Gilmore practically begging to play glasto last year but left it too late?

and hasn't he said he wants to play this year, and i definitely remember him saying upon richard wrights death last year that he wished they had all got together as pink floyd for one last hurrah and he would have loved it to be somewhere like glastonbury and wright loved the festival.

so (a big wishful so) perhaps they may do just that in honour of both wright and barrat?