Weekend De-Briefing a la Denini

Guest gratedenini

Well, yer bugger a hell!

Only took us NINE hours to get there after terrible traffic, but worst of all what looked like a fatal accident only 10miles from the fest on the M5 --sat on the motorway for 2 hours--I couldnt help but think how lucky we were to be even going... But for the Grace of God eh.

Anyway, MTF door finally opened at approx 10pm to the sounds of The Pretenders, but we were all that goosed we just chilled out down there for an hour or so before crashing out for the night--shame really, but once again-- at least we were there.

The next two days once again showed us just what these festivals are all about --we met some old and new friends and we all had a ball!

My first thoughts about the site was that it was a bit "sprawling" --almost daunting--y`know what its like for newbies but we soon got our bearings. But as usual--- its so difficult to actually CHOOSE what you want to do/see.

We ended up for both days camping up near the Wine Bus and Songlines tent --and what a pleasant suprise that me old marrer Marronned finally showed his face --and also 2 "lurkers" introduced themselves --what lovely people they turned out to be and we spent both days a drinkin and a sharin.

We DID do a lot of sharing! Saturday in particular seeing me out of me tree. The kids had the rip ---and I must say--essential pieces of kit-- the boagey we have mainly for transporting TKoTW comes in fantastically useful for transporting all manner of things --it was a LONG walk back to our van I tell yer!

I must say--- just like I suggested in an earlier post--- "arrangements" are made,but then (hardly) anybody bothers --well I did -- 4pm sunday. brought cake and some other bits--even got an announcement put out-- JACK SHIT ! Well, apart from Mr Blue --and I tell you--the image of him standing there (the fookin DOUBLE of his avavtar) will stay in my memory for some time! I didnt avail myself of shaking the hand of Ms Blue as I suspected she`d been availing herself with her pissin contraption only minutes before!

Once again, the music was almost secondary to our enjoyment of the festival but we really enjoyed The Blockheads. A bloke singing earlish on Sunday who the audince didnt take to at all--but I loved him Jason Soudah-- think there was only us clapping! Not normally my cup of tea--but really enjoyed him.

Initially I was getting into Dengue Fever-- but God--it was too much in the end and i was hoping it would be over soon! (it wasnt).

Sorry like but Dufton and Kate Rusby did nowt for me /us but then again --single artists as such aren`t our thing --as in vocalists anyway.

Met the lads from The Travelling Band (actaully I skanked some baccy of em on sat night so i promised I`d watch em!) -- they were one of the highlights for us-- bunch of young lads LOVIN their music--such enthusiasm --enjoyed that.

The Programme -- one of the best I`ve came across and decent value--well printed and laid out APART from one thing... why oh why put the running order stuck "somewhere" in the middle?? You try find out who`s on when yer pissed,in semi darkness and the bairn crying!

Just put the running order front/back exact middle --just easily accesible. But, great programme though.

The Bogs -- generally ok --although I agree with earlier poster saying they should be left in place a little while longer-- I hadn`t had a Tom-Tit since last wednesday, so on feeling a turtles heed emerging this very morning--thought I`d drop before leaving only to see the traps lying on their backs reasdy to be taken away!

However , Wychwoods loss turned into M1 sevices at Tibshelfs gain--as my back gate opened there and a deposit of no unceratin size was left in Trap 3. :lol:

Showers --- mmmmnnnnnn debate debate? I think if you are paying good money for tickets-- showers should be made available...going on the principle of charging 2 quid for a wash-- then you should be charged for a piss. Exactly --- its not on.

Howver, if it means that the showers are in good order and they are hot--well, for some folks, thats ok. NOt for me though.. I`m not a shower person at fests--and I dont mind going down the "I`ll foy for 2 days --shag me if you want silke" route.

If req --a few baby wipes round ones genetalia --and yer back in business imo. However each to his own.

Festival Bait -- well, bugger me, tbh I dont know how folks afford it! There was a family of 6 near us--all with (decent looking mind) Hot Dogs --- cost over £25 they said.

Sorry like--I cant have it... even though I have always maintained over the years--- "Yer dont HAVE to buy it" --i just think that prices are getting way out of bed.... once again, sorry like ,but I dont care if the burgers melt in yer mouth -- for £6,50 -- if I was a Mr Blue--- I`d want SOMETHING ELSE in me mouth!

And although we did patronise the stall whilst drunk--- £1.50 -- THIRTY SHILLINGS friends -- thirty bob-- for ONE piece of liquorice? How can that be???

And-- and -- it turned Larmers arse all shades the next day! What a mess that one was.

We do really like the stalls, but the blatant commercialsim that is overtaking these markets over the last few years is a bit saddening-- in fact for the 1st time EVER --a stallholder actually put the hard sell bite on me whilst I was browsing... i didnt half lace into him... " I dont give a shit whether its the best cotton mate--cotton is cotton to me and i dont give a shit.. if i want to buy a shirt I will, right?"

"Yes, but compared to those shirts down there on that stall...."

"Bye!"

Also, some of those hats on sale were appallinglty expensive for what they were...

Mind, these are gripes about society and nothing to do with the festival itself... people do have to make a living (god dont we know!) and I appreciate that.

The Weather ... well blimey after the previous week-- how lucky had we got eh? Apart from a few drops of rain--the weather was very nice--no wind made such a difference.

Well, theres loads more, but I`m pretty goosed now --and Our lass is shouting down for me to get mesell washed and get to bed!

Pics to follow....

Den Silke , The Boy J and TKoTW -- Larmer dalyon

btw The Silent Disco --WHAT a howl that was --absolutely fantastic. Loved it. A must.

Well, yer bugger a hell!

Only took us NINE hours to get there after terrible traffic, but worst of all what looked like a fatal accident only 10miles from the fest on the M5 --sat on the motorway for 2 hours--I couldnt help but think how lucky we were to be even going... But for the Grace of God eh.

Anyway, MTF door finally opened at approx 10pm to the sounds of The Pretenders, but we were all that goosed we just chilled out down there for an hour or so before crashing out for the night--shame really, but once again-- at least we were there.

The next two days once again showed us just what these festivals are all about --we met some old and new friends and we all had a ball!

My first thoughts about the site was that it was a bit "sprawling" --almost daunting--y`know what its like for newbies but we soon got our bearings. But as usual--- its so difficult to actually CHOOSE what you want to do/see.

We ended up for both days camping up near the Wine Bus and Songlines tent --and what a pleasant suprise that me old marrer Marronned finally showed his face --and also 2 "lurkers" introduced themselves --what lovely people they turned out to be and we spent both days a drinkin and a sharin.

We DID do a lot of sharing! Saturday in particular seeing me out of me tree. The kids had the rip ---and I must say--essential pieces of kit-- the boagey we have mainly for transporting TKoTW comes in fantastically useful for transporting all manner of things --it was a LONG walk back to our van I tell yer!

I must say--- just like I suggested in an earlier post--- "arrangements" are made,but then (hardly) anybody bothers --well I did -- 4pm sunday. brought cake and some other bits--even got an announcement put out-- JACK SHIT ! Well, apart from Mr Blue --and I tell you--the image of him standing there (the fookin DOUBLE of his avavtar) will stay in my memory for some time! I didnt avail myself of shaking the hand of Ms Blue as I suspected she`d been availing herself with her pissin contraption only minutes before!

Once again, the music was almost secondary to our enjoyment of the festival but we really enjoyed The Blockheads. A bloke singing earlish on Sunday who the audince didnt take to at all--but I loved him Jason Soudah-- think there was only us clapping! Not normally my cup of tea--but really enjoyed him.

Initially I was getting into Dengue Fever-- but God--it was too much in the end and i was hoping it would be over soon! (it wasnt).

Sorry like but Dufton and Kate Rusby did nowt for me /us but then again --single artists as such aren`t our thing --as in vocalists anyway.

Met the lads from The Travelling Band (actaully I skanked some baccy of em on sat night so i promised I`d watch em!) -- they were one of the highlights for us-- bunch of young lads LOVIN their music--such enthusiasm --enjoyed that.

The Programme -- one of the best I`ve came across and decent value--well printed and laid out APART from one thing... why oh why put the running order stuck "somewhere" in the middle?? You try find out who`s on when yer pissed,in semi darkness and the bairn crying!

Just put the running order front/back exact middle --just easily accesible. But, great programme though.

The Bogs -- generally ok --although I agree with earlier poster saying they should be left in place a little while longer-- I hadn`t had a Tom-Tit since last wednesday, so on feeling a turtles heed emerging this very morning--thought I`d drop before leaving only to see the traps lying on their backs reasdy to be taken away!

However , Wychwoods loss turned into M1 sevices at Tibshelfs gain--as my back gate opened there and a deposit of no unceratin size was left in Trap 3. :lol:

Showers --- mmmmnnnnnn debate debate? I think if you are paying good money for tickets-- showers should be made available...going on the principle of charging 2 quid for a wash-- then you should be charged for a piss. Exactly --- its not on.

Howver, if it means that the showers are in good order and they are hot--well, for some folks, thats ok. NOt for me though.. I`m not a shower person at fests--and I dont mind going down the "I`ll foy for 2 days --shag me if you want silke" route.

If req --a few baby wipes round ones genetalia --and yer back in business imo. However each to his own.

Festival Bait -- well, bugger me, tbh I dont know how folks afford it! There was a family of 6 near us--all with (decent looking mind) Hot Dogs --- cost over £25 they said.

Sorry like--I cant have it... even though I have always maintained over the years--- "Yer dont HAVE to buy it" --i just think that prices are getting way out of bed.... once again, sorry like ,but I dont care if the burgers melt in yer mouth -- for £6,50 -- if I was a Mr Blue--- I`d want SOMETHING ELSE in me mouth!

And although we did patronise the stall whilst drunk--- £1.50 -- THIRTY SHILLINGS friends -- thirty bob-- for ONE piece of liquorice? How can that be???

And-- and -- it turned Larmers arse all shades the next day! What a mess that one was.

We do really like the stalls, but the blatant commercialsim that is overtaking these markets over the last few years is a bit saddening-- in fact for the 1st time EVER --a stallholder actually put the hard sell bite on me whilst I was browsing... i didnt half lace into him... " I dont give a shit whether its the best cotton mate--cotton is cotton to me and i dont give a shit.. if i want to buy a shirt I will, right?"

"Bye!"

Also, some of those hats on sale were appallinglty expensive for what they were...

Mind, these are gripes about society and nothing to do with the festival itself... people do have to make a living (god dont we know!) and I appreciate that.

The Weather ... well blimey after the previous week-- how lucky had we got eh? Apart from a few drops of rain--the weather was very nice--no wind made such a difference.

Well, theres loads more, but I`m pretty goosed now --and Our lass is shouting down for me to get mesell washed and get to bed!

Pics to follow....

btw The Silent Disco --WHAT a howl that was --absolutely fantastic. Loved it. A must.

Well, yer bugger a hell!

"Bye!"

Pics to follow....

Well, yer bugger a hell!

"Bye!"

Pics to follow....

Sorry Me Likkle Fair Cockney Savvener -- the idea is to TYPE something of yer own y`know--not just reapeat mine! Although its good to have to scroll down that much to see you`ve wrote NOWT!.

eeeeee man I tell yer!

den :lol: