Daytripper

Guest Px.

Had a lovely day on Saturday. Quickest 9 hours ever with lots of sun and occasional clouding over for a bit of relief.

Enjoyed Ian Dury and Duffy but only listened to 2 or 3 others as spent ages meandering through the market, great variety and a bit of time enjoying the grub, seemed a bit cheaper than any other fests I have been to.

8 year old son loved it, insists we go camping for the full weekend next year - which means we will probably have a whole zoo of balloon animals to bring home ;) . We enjoyed the pirate show (vaudeville risque) and the Roald Dahl story tellers made a great effort. Plus lots of sticking, glueing and colouring and didnt even fit in any of the circus entertainment.

Thanks to Wychwood for great organisation and lovely helpers.

Edit to say: and typical Efests style found myself sat plonk in front of the same Efesters I met at Cornbury. Lovely to see you and yours Rainbow Girl wish I had been camping too for a proper catch up.

Edited by Px.

Had a great day on Saturday too, didn't catch all bands but impressed with what we see..

Palladium - didn't really get 'Happy Hour' but liked the other tracks, particularly the Nirvana cover - a brave choice but the guys pulled it off!

Blockheads - seasoned professionals, received well, still rocking!

Duffy - very impressive, drew a big crowd, lots of smiles all round - my daughter's favourite! (Hope she puts out a live album)

The Quiet Men - deserve to be played loud, will definitely look out for them again!

Overall, great atmosphere and organisation, well done Team Wychwood - can't wait til next year..

Due to work commitments we only made it for yestaerday.

Our first time there and we were really impressed.

Highlights music wise were 3 Daft Monkeys, The Imagined Village and Transglobal.

Met some of the efestivals crowd and had a very odd pic taken with Out2lunch. Finally got round to saying hi to Scottie.

Drinking highlight was discovering Screech. Drinking lowlight the effcts of too much Screech.

Only spoke to Rainbow Girl and her family, was early on as I was just heading off for lunch and more arts and crafts. Really sorry to have missed you I was in a bright orange Tshirt, Tie and Bovver Boots but if you had a double whammy of festie ale and pub crawl dont think you would have even spotted that.:huh:

If you did, you were obviously at a different Wychwood festival in a parallel universe on Doctor Who! :wub:

Mind you I hvaen't seen last Saturday's episode. Maybe that was what it was about...