Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

should we be looking at the leopaloza line up for next announcements

I doubt there will be much crossover. Maybe just a couple of acts 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 4:05 PM, CRW5252 said:

Any ideas when we will get a poster with the stage splits?

any idea when the next announcement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

any idea when the next announcement?

 

On 22/04/2017 at 4:05 PM, CRW5252 said:

Any ideas when we will get a poster with the stage splits?

As early as next week til mid May I'd say.

It was mid-April last year so could happen within the next 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Line up announcement tomorrow! Surely we'll get some stage splits, lets hope there is no shocking clashes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also what does every think about a Blaze of Feather's new single? I really like it. For anyone who hasn't kept up, it's been confirmed Ben Howard is part of the project and their first EP is out tomorrow 

Edited by CRW5252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A load more acts announced but no stage splits yet.

No major additions but suppose this is what we would expect, however personally quite pleased with the addition of Formation and Fickle Friends. I do quite like having a listen to the lower acts that I haven't yet heard of during the lead up to a festival so I can now crack on with this! Any recommendations from lower down on the poster?

BM17_Lineup_Website_4May17_v3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

A load more acts announced but no stage splits yet.

No major additions but suppose this is what we would expect, however personally quite pleased with the addition of Formation and Fickle Friends. I do quite like having a listen to the lower acts that I haven't yet heard of during the lead up to a festival so I can now crack on with this! Any recommendations from lower down on the poster?

BM17_Lineup_Website_4May17_v3.jpg

Youngr, Theo Kottis and William Joseph Cook.

Loving the additions of Newton Faulkner and Lower Than Atlantis

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

A load more acts announced but no stage splits yet.

No major additions but suppose this is what we would expect, however personally quite pleased with the addition of Formation and Fickle Friends. I do quite like having a listen to the lower acts that I haven't yet heard of during the lead up to a festival so I can now crack on with this! Any recommendations from lower down on the poster?

BM17_Lineup_Website_4May17_v3.jpg

Some of the stage splits have been added to the site when you click on them but mostly they've not, sadly. Nice little announcement though.

I'd recommend: the Amazons, Cortes, Palace, Tom Grennan, Honeyblood, I also second Will Joseph Cook 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, anyone been to Boardmasters alone before? I was meant to be going with my sister but she's pulled out due to work and majority of my friends are going to Boomtown (same weekend), the rest say its too far to travel (I live in Hertfordshire). I don't mind going alone as I'll see the acts I want but just wondered if anyone else has done it? Is it quite a safe one to go to alone? Easy to navigate? Or if there's a place to find other people to camp with? Any info/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, CRW5252 said:

any idea about next announcement or maybe stage splits?

Edited 22 hours ago by CRW5252

 

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, CRW5252 said:

 

I'd recommend: the Amazons, Cortes, Palace, Tom Grennan, Honeyblood, I also second Will Joseph Cook 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:54 AM, rachelwill said:

Hey guys, anyone been to Boardmasters alone before? I was meant to be going with my sister but she's pulled out due to work and majority of my friends are going to Boomtown (same weekend), the rest say its too far to travel (I live in Hertfordshire). I don't mind going alone as I'll see the acts I want but just wondered if anyone else has done it? Is it quite a safe one to go to alone? Easy to navigate? Or if there's a place to find other people to camp with? Any info/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks :) 

brave

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 0:44 PM, bigcharlie65 said:

 

 

What was the quote above about?

Edited by CRW5252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's everyone's thoughts on Alt J's new album? Personally really enjoying it. Better than This Is All Yours for me. Not quite as good as An Awesome Wave though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Alt J's new album? Personally really enjoying it. Better than This Is All Yours for me. Not quite as good as An Awesome Wave though.

I feel quite disappointed with it especially after hearing 3WW and In Cold Blood as I thought these were great tunes. Really don't understand what they were trying to do with Hit Me Like That Snare and the rest of the album doesn't really flow - it also feels like they rushed to get their 3rd album out there by only having 8 songs on it. An Awesome Wave was brilliant and This Is All Yours was good although not as many stand out songs, it played out well as an album from start to finish.

I haven't seen Alt J live before and am still looking forward to them at Boardmasters, however hoping they give us a set with mostly AAW tunes and then just the singles from album 2 and 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billjames7 said:

I feel quite disappointed with it especially after hearing 3WW and In Cold Blood as I thought these were great tunes. Really don't understand what they were trying to do with Hit Me Like That Snare and the rest of the album doesn't really flow - it also feels like they rushed to get their 3rd album out there by only having 8 songs on it. An Awesome Wave was brilliant and This Is All Yours was good although not as many stand out songs, it played out well as an album from start to finish.

I haven't seen Alt J live before and am still looking forward to them at Boardmasters, however hoping they give us a set with mostly AAW tunes and then just the singles from album 2 and 3.

I think it is a grower, it was for me anyway. I actually quite like Hit Me Like That Snare although Deadcrush is my favorite of the non-singles. The album is pretty much the same length An Awesome Wave in terms of play time.

I reckon they will play about 4-5 songs from 3WW but I guess it will depend on how well each song is received live in other gigs they play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

any ideas about stage splits AND next announcement?

Definitely this month. Won't expect any exciting additions but we might get more for the beach sessions. 

Still hoping for a Sunset Sons appearance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I'm really into a lot of the bands and artists performing this year. So i'm thinking about going to Cornwall and attend Boardmasters. I'm 19 from Sweden, so yeah pretty random but i just feel like going somewhere this summer. Worth it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys! Hopping on this thread

I'm not really a Boardmasters veteran but couldn't ignore Jamiroquai headlining, plus i think it's a chill scenic break for non-locals! Line-up looks a bit better than last years, who is everyone excited for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, alexmarch said:

Hi Guys! Hopping on this thread

I'm not really a Boardmasters veteran but couldn't ignore Jamiroquai headlining, plus i think it's a chill scenic break for non-locals! Line-up looks a bit better than last years, who is everyone excited for?

ALT-J are gonna be awesome and newton Faulkner and TDCC but honestly there all good also love the vaccines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was planning to see Newton separately so happy he's there, need to prep & get myself into The Vaccines! Hoping to hear some AAW tunes from Alt-J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, alexmarch said:

I was planning to see Newton separately so happy he's there, need to prep & get myself into The Vaccines! Hoping to hear some AAW tunes from Alt-J

I'm sure breezeblocks,tessalate ,fitzpleasure will be played the vaccines have some great tunes such as handsome and if you wanna come back I'm also looking forward to seeing the amazons as there new album sounds like it will be a proper intresting live act

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alt J setlist at glastonbury with an encore of intro, left hand free and breezeblocks. Pretty solid set and sounded good on iPlayer although at times I felt the keyboard players mic was a bit loud. Getting excited to see them at boardmasters now!

IMG_1344.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×