Ticket check

Anom72627

I am thinking of staying over night at Reading, but some of my friends don't have the money, what's it like on ticket checks, if I was to buy a over night ticket and they bought day tickets would they be able to stay with me and stay for the next day or do they re check

tickets going into the arena 

If you buy a weekend ticket then you are allowed unlimited re entries to the festival, however day tickets once you have entered you can't come back in again once you've left. They check wristbands on entry to the arena so if your friends only buy a day ticket and try to enter the arena the next day then they wont be allowed and most likely chucked out of the festival

7 hours ago, JW97 said:

If you buy a weekend ticket then you are allowed unlimited re entries to the festival, however day tickets once you have entered you can't come back in again once you've left. They check wristbands on entry to the arena so if your friends only buy a day ticket and try to enter the arena the next day then they wont be allowed and most likely chucked out of the festival

I have also heard they don't check tickets on going back into the arena as it is to hard to check everyone

2 hours ago, Anom72627 said:

I have also heard they don't check tickets on going back into the arena as it is to hard to check everyone

Not in my experience. Everytime you re enter the arena you are split down into single file into different "lanes" where a steward will check your wristband. The day wristbands are different colours so it will be easy for them to spot someone who shouldnt be there.

10 hours ago, JW97 said:

Not in my experience. Everytime you re enter the arena you are split down into single file into different "lanes" where a steward will check your wristband. The day wristbands are different colours so it will be easy for them to spot someone who shouldnt be there.

Could they just get in the other lane, or is that in another place?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2016 at 8:05 AM, Anom72627 said:

well your information supplier is wrong - JW97 is correct as they are not checking tickets they are checking wristbands and the previous days wristband will stand out like a sore thumb - there is Security and Stewards all over that area so there is no easy way in.

anyone who cant afford it should look at being a Volunteer as thereis lots of jobs.

Hi,

Me and a group of friends were thinking of buying day tickets for both Saturday and Sunday and staying overnight. I was checking if this was possible to camp over for the one night with two day tickets or whether we would have to buy a whole weekend ticket, despite us not being there until the Saturday?

Cheers

You can only camp with a WEEKEND ticket and can come and go as you please , DAY tickets do not include camping and once you leave Arena leave /site then your OUT and cant return.  If you dont want to camp the local university usually does  cheap rates for the festival weekend plus there is a large tesco's a short walk offsite