• 1 month later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

Just booked myself tickets for Rock am ring! Would be great if anyone can give me some advice as it will be my first time here and i will be coming solo! None of my friends can make it and decided I'm going anyway the line up is too good to miss :D

I have not booked my travel yet but I think i will be flying into Cologne and from there get the train. What day does the festival open so you can set up camp and can anyone advise a good day to arrive?

Also as I was wondering if anyone knows if there are sometimes efestival camping groups or meetups? As I'm coming alone it would be good to find some people that I could pitch near or meet up with!

14 hours ago, liliarocks said:

Hi everyone,

Just booked myself tickets for Rock am ring! Would be great if anyone can give me some advice as it will be my first time here and i will be coming solo! None of my friends can make it and decided I'm going anyway the line up is too good to miss :D

I have not booked my travel yet but I think i will be flying into Cologne and from there get the train. What day does the festival open so you can set up camp and can anyone advise a good day to arrive?

Also as I was wondering if anyone knows if there are sometimes efestival camping groups or meetups? As I'm coming alone it would be good to find some people that I could pitch near or meet up with!

Hi,

I was last year and I think the perfect day to arrive is on Wednesday or even on Thursday but really soon because last year we arrived on Thursday evening and it was too late there was a problem with camping space, they had to improvise camping areas because there was no space left, so my suggestion is if you can arrive on Wednesday, do it. :)

I do not know about any camping group but I'm going with a couple of friends we are staying at the rock an roll camping, you can gladly join.

8 hours ago, Mr. luiguibangbang said:

Hi,

I was last year and I think the perfect day to arrive is on Wednesday or even on Thursday but really soon because last year we arrived on Thursday evening and it was too late there was a problem with camping space, they had to improvise camping areas because there was no space left, so my suggestion is if you can arrive on Wednesday, do it. :)

I do not know about any camping group but I'm going with a couple of friends we are staying at the rock an roll camping, you can gladly join.

Okay that's good to know I will arrange my travel so I can arrive on the Wednesday

yeah that would be cool thanks! :) I have just booked general camping though i think, do you have to book the rock and roll camping in advance?

Hi There!

I have a few questions for people who's already been to Rock Im Park, hope you can help:

1. The best flight I can find ("best" means cheaper by almost 50% than others) arrives at Nuremberg on Thursday 01:15 AM. Is it reasonable to arrive at the camp around 02:30 and start looking for a place? is it well lit at night? Or is it preferable to find a hostel in Nuremberg for that night and start looking for camp first thing in the morning (lets say around ~9AM)
  2. Considering the first option, how much should a cab from the airport to the festival grounds cost? (I'm assuming there's no other public transport option that late)
  3. Is there a supermarket within the festival grounds, near the campsite? generally, how much was expenses for you in a festival day? (Yeah, I'm a bit tight on budget...broke student haha)

Thank you!

It seems that editing messages isn't possible so just a small correction - In addition to "Is it reasonable to arrive to 02:30 to the campgrounds", is it even possible? cause this made me recall my Download experience and that the campgrounds weren't accessible for everyone, only ticket holders, and I guess there'll be no one to check my ticket and allow entrance in RIP on such a late hour...

14 hours ago, ArielBiMBa said:

Hi There!

I have a few questions for people who's already been to Rock Im Park, hope you can help:

1. The best flight I can find ("best" means cheaper by almost 50% than others) arrives at Nuremberg on Thursday 01:15 AM. Is it reasonable to arrive at the camp around 02:30 and start looking for a place? is it well lit at night? Or is it preferable to find a hostel in Nuremberg for that night and start looking for camp first thing in the morning (lets say around ~9AM)
  2. Considering the first option, how much should a cab from the airport to the festival grounds cost? (I'm assuming there's no other public transport option that late)
  3. Is there a supermarket within the festival grounds, near the campsite? generally, how much was expenses for you in a festival day? (Yeah, I'm a bit tight on budget...broke student haha)

Thank you!

1. The campsite does not open until early thursday morning so you will not be able to go in at 2:30 AM.

2. Probably around 30-40 euro

3. There is no supermarket on site. However there is a Lidl/Aldi close enough to the campsite. Its quite a walk though. 

Edited by RonanM

16 hours ago, RonanM said:

1. The campsite does not open until early thursday morning so you will not be able to go in at 2:30 AM.

2. Probably around 30-40 euro

3. There is no supermarket on site. However there is a Lidl/Aldi close enough to the campsite. Its quite a walk though. 

Hi,

My bad, I meant Friday 02:30 AM, not Thursday. How about then?

Thank you!  

On 10 March 2016 at 7:16 PM, liliarocks said:

Hi everyone,

Hey!

I'm also going alone, after my friends didn't want to go and I couldn't miss this lineup haha !

You're welcome to join me if you'd like !

On 3/19/2016 at 5:43 PM, ArielBiMBa said:

Hi,

My bad, I meant Friday 02:30 AM, not Thursday. How about then?

Thank you!  

I honestly don't know for sure, BUT i imagine that it should be fine to arrive at that time. The only thing ill say is that it may be difficult to find a camp site at that time as it will be very full and will be pitch black around the campsite! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

Anyone know when they'll release the day splits? Really annoying me that it's less than a month until the festival and we don't know who's playing what day yet!

I can't figure out how to copy from fb app. Go to Rock im Park page and find post from the 3rd of may. They released day tickets and wrote biggest names of each day

Freitag, 3. Juni (Black Sabbath, Fettes Brot, Biffy Clyro, Korn, Bring Me The Horizon, Alligatoah, SDP, Wirtz, Johnossi, U.V.M.)
85,- Euro.

Samstag, 4. Juni (Volbeat, Tenacious D, Major Lazer, The 1975, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Amon Amarth, Panic! At The Disco, Rudimental, Puscifer, Of Mice & Men, U.V.M.)
80,- Euro.

Sonntag, 5. Juni (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Billy Talent, The BossHoss, Deftones, Bullet For My Valentine, Heaven Shall Burn, Foals, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Lexy & K-Paul, U.V.M.)
85,- Euro.

Not exactly comprehensive. But hope this helps.

Haven't seen it posted here, so thought I should.

As of this year, those arriving on the Wednesday at Rock am Ring must pat for an early pass worth 20 euros. They won't be available at the gate, so needs to be online before arriving.

Also, the LIDL on site has been expanded I think. The range seems good and prices low!

3 hours ago, biffoire said:

Last year the day splits were 14th May. Also, I think the App may be knackered. Hopefully it's working when the times go up.

http:///s/rockimpark2015/?user=06krpr.kq&

This is useful but not confirmed. :)

App is working fine for me on iOS!?

3 hours ago, Ipayne said:

Thank you guys, I'm going to Rock Am so it at least gives me an idea. Trying use the R&L formula to work out which days it will be

I believe its Volbeat Friday, RHCP Saturday and Sabbath on Sunday at Rock Am Ring! :)

Also, Starset, Karate Andi and Trummer were added to the lineup on Tuesday! 

Hi all... this will be my first trip to Rock AM Ring. 

What is the better financial option? Am I best having my euros in cash on me or on my account to use my card? 

Was planning a half and half split but not sure what the best approach is. 

Cheers 

6 hours ago, roryBreaker said:

Hi all... this will be my first trip to Rock AM Ring. 

What is the better financial option? Am I best having my euros in cash on me or on my account to use my card? 

Was planning a half and half split but not sure what the best approach is. 

Cheers 

I would say cash is best as Im not sure about the bars and card! 

4 hours ago, carioka88 said:

Hello!

I am planning to go to Rock AM Ring.

Is there any information in English? Where to stay and things like that...?

Also, for people that have been before: is it a problem if I don't speak German at all? :( only danke!

Cheers!

most germans speak good English so its not a problem, at least not in my experience. 

As for info I dont know what you mean?! its on a big airfield beside a small town so i doubt that there are many options other than camping on site.