Do they check ID's at the gates at End of the Road?

carolineward

I am 18 and look my age, the people I am going with are 17 and 18. This is my first time going, I don't have a passport and l lost my driving license. I also don't want to have to buy a new license to take as I will probably just loose it again! Will they ask me for ID at the gates? I am not planning on buying alcohol as I can assume it will be fairly expensive there. Are they pretty relaxed at the gates, I have never been ID'd at any other festival gates.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

i am an "older" attendee so i would LOVE to be asked for ID to prove i was 18, but alas it never happens...

Anyhow, i have attended the last 3 years at EOTR with my two sons , who were 16 and 19 the first time we went, and they have never been asked for ID at the gates.

The festival is a quieter affair than most, and alcohol is reasonably priced inside. However you can also take in your own, as long as it isnt in Glass. plastic bottles or cans are fine, and the old favourite "wine Box" is a good idea.

Hope you really enjoy the festival, which is the most laid back, chilled event.

There is a line in the T&Cs about how under 18s must be accompanied by an adult. Whilst gigs may well have taken his sons and not been ID'ed, that may simply be because there was no question as to them being accompanied by an adult (sorry gigs!).  Whilst I can't say it will definitely happen, there is a chance that if you all rock up, you may need to prove that you're over 18 to get you all in.

However, reading you post again, if your 18 year old mate has ID, you shouldn't have any problem. I'd make sure one of you take some ID though, just to be on the safe side.