Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard anything about The Cribs? A friend met Ryan and said they were playing as Ryan was going on about the swimming pools that used to be backstage/maybe still are. I have no idea if there is any truth in is this whatsover... but would love The Cribs to be there!

Just reading through some of people's comments on the Facebook links, and noticed 'FIB' has replied to a few of them. Someone asked about the Black Keys, to which FIB replied 'The Black Keys no estaban disponibles en nuestras fechas...' - roughly translated as 'they were not available in during our dates...' It seems like they tried to book them... Shame... would have loved to see them : {

Edited by philly_eds

Has anyone heard anything about The Cribs? A friend met Ryan and said they were playing as Ryan was going on about the swimming pools that used to be backstage/maybe still are. I have no idea if there is any truth in is this whatsover... but would love The Cribs to be there!

yes i love bombay and miles kane and ive heard chase and staus are excellent live

havent listened to maccabees yet but i will before the fest. bob dylan for me is a legend but hes meant to be the top draw at this years festival and its a long time since he has been in his prime and his live shows nowadays are very shoddy to say the least and often doesnt play his hit songs. just seems to me that beni missed out this year with the likes of radiohead the cure rhcp kasabian bruce springsteen all touring this summer. im sure ill have an excellent time but for the money it has cost me the lineup doesnt live up to the likes of previous headliners, arcade fire arctic monkeys, strokes, gorillaz, sigur ros, muse,the pixies, depeche mode, morrisssey, the killers, kings of leon , oasis etc etc

I think we should all look at it as if this is the final line up and just get excited about having a great time in the sun, on the beach, at the waterpark, in the campsites and at the festival itself. I just love the whole experience no matter who plays. If any more big acts are announced then it will be a bonus. 3 paltry months till party time!!!!!

Edited by sprostongreen

Bob Dylan could never sing, he doesn't play guitar any more, barely plays his biggest hits and those that he does play are in weird arrangements. We're basically going to be watching an old man who doesn't move much and can't sing singing songs that we either don't know or barely recognize.

Ian Brown cant sing and Stone Roses are only back together for money, we'll be seeing a journeyman performance from them.

At the Drive-In just aren't headliner material at all (they're actually shit) and we'll be seeing more journeyman crap from them.

Florence is JUST about big enough to headline but isn't really an entertainer. It's tragic that she's probably going to be the best of the 4 headliners.

Just thinking about the headliners is depressing. Either the organisers have no idea what people really want or they have been struggling for money, but I don't expect Bob Dylan and Stone Roses were cheap so I'm afraid that I'm tending towards the former. The rest of the lineup isn't justifying those headliners; I'm worried they actually blew their budget on those shitty headliners so I'm not expecting any good announcements from now on.

Edited by GG99

Bob Dylan could never sing, he doesn't play guitar any more, barely plays his biggest hits and those that he does play are in weird arrangements. We're basically going to be watching an old man who doesn't move much and can't sing singing songs that we either don't know or barely recognize.

Ian Brown cant sing and Stone Roses are only back together for money, we'll be seeing a journeyman performance from them.

At the Drive-In just aren't headliner material at all (they're actually shit) and we'll be seeing more journeyman crap from them.

Florence is JUST about big enough to headline but isn't really an entertainer. It's tragic that she's probably going to be the best of the 4 headliners.

Just thinking about the headliners is depressing. Either the organisers have no idea what people really want or they have been struggling for money, but I don't expect Bob Dylan and Stone Roses were cheap so I'm afraid that I'm tending towards the former. The rest of the lineup isn't justifying those headliners; I'm worried they actually blew their budget on those shitty headliners so I'm not expecting any good announcements from now on.