Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Im going alone

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 amie lee

amie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

hey everyone.

I'm going to beautiful days alone this year. I'm a little nervous because it is the first time I have been to a festival by my self. I was wondering if anyone fancied meeting up or if anyone had any helpful tips for me.

Thank-you! :)xxx

#2 rabid

rabid

If its worth doing, its worth over doing.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

Hi Amie. If you want to jump in with both feet - see the efests meet thread. :D

#3 amie lee

amie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi Amie. If you want to jump in with both feet - see the efests meet thread. :D

Thank-you! That's been a great help! xx

#4 greenfairy43

greenfairy43

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

There's going to be a big bunch of efesters camping together too. Lots of us know each other already - because we met on here! Come camp with us lot if you fancy it.

#5 amie lee

amie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

There's going to be a big bunch of efesters camping together too. Lots of us know each other already - because we met on here! Come camp with us lot if you fancy it.

That would be amazing! Thank-you so much for the invite. When and where are you camping/meeting? x

#6 greenfairy43

greenfairy43

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:10 AM

That would be amazing! Thank-you so much for the invite. When and where are you camping/meeting? x

It's my first BD so I don't actually know :unsure: . But keep an eye on these boards & you'll see plans unfolding as we get nearer the time.

#7 ThursdaysRbest

ThursdaysRbest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

It's my first BD so I don't actually know :unsure: . But keep an eye on these boards & you'll see plans unfolding as we get nearer the time.

...I'm gonna be on that 'phone again as usual tryign to find ya! It'll be so good to see you all again! Will keep checking the boards from now on.

:D

#8 FunkyDenz

FunkyDenz

Funkyclectic (anything Funky) / Soulful and Deep House DJ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Last year, we camped at Camp Strudders
Posted Image
It's a good location, maybe we should aim for there again?

#9 rabid

rabid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:45 AM

...I'm gonna be on that 'phone again as usual tryign to find ya! It'll be so good to see you all again! Will keep checking the boards from now on.

:D

Hope you remember our flag. :)

#10 strudders

strudders

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Bloody hell I have a camp named after me now as well! Please join us as we are a nice bunch of people..... Will be there thursday onwards....

#11 theampersanddevil

theampersanddevil

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

Bloody hell I have a camp named after me now as well! Please join us as we are a nice bunch of people..... Will be there thursday onwards....

Camp Strudders is a place?, here I was thinking you glided in with a big chintz tent, handed out martini's, petted a lasso apso and called everyone dahling.

Anyway Amie Lee, you could do no better than to set up camp with this efest group. They will look after you very well indeed. I met a few of them at alchemy last year. I went on my own, knew no-one there and they looked after me from the outset.

#12 indisguise

indisguise

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Camp Strudders is a place?, here I was thinking you glided in with a big chintz tent, handed out martini's, petted a lasso apso and called everyone dahling.

Sounds like a really good way to introduce yourself - but sure the efest lot will settle for a lot less. They wonderfully looked after a lone me last year when I turned up with my very shy hello :)

#13 amie lee

amie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Thank-you for some many lovely responses. Really looking forward to meeting you all. I will keep an eye on this page to see if the campsite changes. If not I will see you there!!!!!! xxxx :D

#14 rabid

rabid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:33 PM

Thank-you for some many lovely responses. Really looking forward to meeting you all. I will keep an eye on this page to see if the campsite changes. If not I will see you there!!!!!! xxxx :D

See you there. Not long now! B)

#15 amie lee

amie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:15 AM

See you there. Not long now! B)

I know! Cant wait!

Is everyone camping where its marked on the picture above? x

#16 rabid

rabid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

I know! Cant wait!

Is everyone camping where its marked on the picture above? x

Sounds like a plan. It's our first time there but it seems like it worked last time. We'll be there with our well travelled flag :D

Posted Image

#17 jollynolly

jollynolly

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:26 PM

We camped right by that spot last year and are intending to do so again, I will certainly pop in to camp Strudders for tea and tiffin

#18 rabid

rabid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

We camped right by that spot last year and are intending to do so again, I will certainly pop in to camp Strudders for tea and tiffin

I'm sure Strudders will be camp enough to offer you some tiffin. :D

#19 amie lee

amie lee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Sounds like a plan. It's our first time there but it seems like it worked last time. We'll be there with our well travelled flag :D

Posted Image

Will keep an eye out for the flag when I get there. Looking forward to meeting you all :) Are many people arriving on Thursday? xxx

#20 rabid

rabid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

Will keep an eye out for the flag when I get there. Looking forward to meeting you all :) Are many people arriving on Thursday? xxx

We'll be there on Thursday but since we're travelling down from Northumberland (hence the flag) I don't know what time we'll arrive.