EXIT 08

Guest EXIT festival

We are 4 guys from Australia and France going to Exit, need 3 more people to fill in the house that we have rented (renting from 9th -> 14th July).

It is a house in the eastern side of Novi Sad, just a 5 minute walk from the festival gates. The price is 23 euros per night per person and we have already paid the deposit on the house so it s fully booked.

So if anyone is interested let me know.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just bought my exit ticket, very excited!! I'm currently backpacking round Europe by myself and really wanted to check out a European festival (went to Beni last year) just wondering if anyone else is heading to Exit alone, wants to meet up or maybe people camping who wouldn't mind if I tagged along (i have a tent). Really can't wait for exit now, beni was awesome last year and I think Exit may be even better. Also any tips on getting there from Zagreb?

I HAVE ONE SMALLER (for 4 person flat, at the best lux location for the exit fest, about 50-100m from entrance/gate of the festival ) AND LARGER ONE (for 7-8 person, about 10-15 min. by car (2-2,5e by taxi for 4 person)away from the fortress/festival!

contact - pedja_ns_@hotmail.com

hurry up B)

tickets too

Trying to think of the best way to change currency as most banks will rape you if you use ATMs in Serbia. Was thinking of taking over pounds sterling and changing it at banks in Belgrade...anyone got any better suggestions?
Edited by SorD

Trying to think of the best way to change currency as most banks will rape you if you use ATMs in Serbia. Was thinking of taking over pounds sterling and changing it at banks in Belgrade...anyone got any better suggestions?

I've got one day in Budapest before getting the coach down to Novi Sad. I'm a bit confused over what money I should bring...

Should I get some Hungarian Forints before I land in Budapest? Or are there cash machines at the airport? Don't want to become unstuck with no money in a foreign country!

The same goes for Novi Sad.... is it best to get some Dinars beforehand or just get money out when I arrive? Should I bring any GBP or EUR with me just incase?

Confusing!! :D

I know how you feel Miss Boo, it's well confusing. Im personally going to get some Hungarian Forints here in England before I go, just to cover me for the one night that im Budapest... You don't want to be stuck there in the airport, with no money..! That would be the worst... (Even so, it's HIGHLEY likely that there's a cashpoint in the airport, but they might rape you on charges..)

I've decided that Im going to estimate how much cash Im likely to spend during the festival days and get 'just over' that changed from Pounds to Dinar whilst in Budapest.. And take my card, just incase i do happen to run out..

It doesn't have to be that stressfull tbh, just make sure you've got money prepared for the uncertain circumstances i.e. when you first land in Budapest.

You'll be fine, have a good one! :D.

Edited by SorD

Hey,

There's really no need to worry about money everyone! First of all, Budapest Airport certainly has cash machines. Also, maybe I'm wrong but I don't think you can buy Serbian dinars anywhere else apart from in Serbia itself - you certainly can't buy them in the UK. The best bet is to take your card and use it here in Serbia - just take large sums out at a time, LLoydsTSB only charge £2 for using cash machines in Serbia. There's plenty of exchange kiosks all over Novi Sad. It's best not to travel around with large amounts of cash on you, just use the machine once you're here.

GENERAL TIP: For everyone travelling by train or bus - try to avoid the taxi's outside or nearby the main stations. Walk along the street a bit and flag one down - the taxis at the transport hubs will try to charge you a ridiculous amount, they do this to the natives too. Also, there may be some Serbs cab drivers who will try to rip the foreigners off - always make sure the taxi meter is switched on - in Serbian it's taksee-meh-ter. You should certainly pay no more than 400 dinars (at the most) to travel from the train or bus station to the campsite! Put your foot down if they try to charge you more than that or the taxi metre isn't on.

Another tip, particularly for the Brits is that Serbs in shops, banks etc may appear to be very rude in their mannerisms etc - they're not being rude - it's just the way the language is! I've been living in Serbia for 2 years now, and it took me a while to figure that out. Also, don't expect the Sers to queue as we do at kiosks or bars, restaurants or for buses - it's everyone for themselves! :)

If anyone has any questions about Novi Sad, Belgrade or Serbia feel free to ask :P

It's gonna be mental! :D

I've just come back from Glastonbury - had an awesome time. I was working there on a vehicle gate which was a wicked laugh and got to meet a few performers including a Chemical Brother! He told me he was playing a secret set at one of the stages.....suffice to say it wasn't much of a secret after that, I put it out on the radio!

Anyway, I was working with a random guy one afternoon and he told me that Evil 9 were confirmed on Exit's line-up... I was so f**king chuffed at the time even though it took him ages to convince me - the lying shit bag!!! He said it was a recent development and since I was working at Glasto for over 12 days in total I decided to take his word for it.

I've had my first Exit disappointment so if anyone sees this chump going on about Evil 9, tell him he's a knob.

I've just come back from Glastonbury - had an awesome time. I was working there on a vehicle gate which was a wicked laugh and got to meet a few performers including a Chemical Brother! He told me he was playing a secret set at one of the stages.....suffice to say it wasn't much of a secret after that, I put it out on the radio!

Anyway, I was working with a random guy one afternoon and he told me that Evil 9 were confirmed on Exit's line-up... I was so f**king chuffed at the time even though it took him ages to convince me - the lying shit bag!!! He said it was a recent development and since I was working at Glasto for over 12 days in total I decided to take his word for it.

I've had my first Exit disappointment so if anyone sees this chump going on about Evil 9, tell him he's a knob.

to be fair, there's quite a bit to be released on the lineup yet if it's anything like last year - the beach stage had some quality dj's during the day, the mtv movement stage, and the other stage just off from the dance one (happynovisad i think) - hopefully they'll all be in full effect this year, i don't want to see any more punk/rock/whatever names on the lineup :lol:

I have a nationwide flex account and i'm just going to take my card and lift out over there, they don't charge you and they told me the exchange rate is a local rate so shouldn't lose out too much there.

How much is approximately for alcohol/food in Novi Sad/Exit - is it a lot cheaper than the uk or just slightly??

Not long now guys!!!!

Cheers Paul, i was going to phone up Nationwide today to find out if i can use my card over there, and what the exchange rate would be. But you've answered all my questions :P

From reading around I think the cost of alcohol is around £1 a pint within the Festival, and slightly cheaper in local pubs etc... 3x cheaper than the UK wooooooo! :D

I haven't got a clue about food prices though, I'd also like to know this....!

Last day of work tomorrow...!!!! :lol::D