Sex Pistols headlining the Saturday

Guest Shanndy

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over recent years there's been Travis, Snow Patrol, Razorlight and Coldplay as headliners. Talk about bland. The other year the line -up was that bad I only watched Goldfrapp. I honestly can't wait till June now.

The thing is - there's a lot of crap on Never Mind The Bollocks. They were great on the strength of their attitude, which is the thing they've lost. They are the rock and roll version of Teddy Sheringham. It doesn't matter if they lose their pace/ability to play instruments, as they never had any. When Teddy loses the first yard in his head and Johnny Rotten is crawling around getting his arse pecked by an ostrich in the jungle, then maybe it's time to give up. There'll be three songs people will give a shit about and after that people will be off to the other stage. Oh hang on, there isn't one. SHIT.

As I have said before and will say again, Im chuffed to bits with the pistols, me an a mate were speculating who we'd love to see play this year and we both came up with the pistols as saturday headliners, so I for one am happy. 1 headliner doesnt make a festival, Im sure theres gonnna be lots more for those who arent interested in the pistols. Now just need Ian Brown as the Friday headliner and it will be complete!!

As I have said before and will say again, Im chuffed to bits with the pistols, me an a mate were speculating who we'd love to see play this year and we both came up with the pistols as saturday headliners, so I for one am happy. 1 headliner doesnt make a festival, Im sure theres gonnna be lots more for those who arent interested in the pistols. Now just need Ian Brown as the Friday headliner and it will be complete!!

After the shock. i think im starting to come round to the idea. i think it will be a laugh but i really do hope they have a very decent band on before hand in case its not as good as i hope.

Well if they're half as good as they were at the academy, they'll be brilliant. I was never a big fan but they do put on an excellent show.They sold out all five nights.I met people who had come from all over the country and one girl (and yes she was a girl in her early 20s) had flown in from Spain just to see them. So the demand is definitely there.

Obviously I'd rather have Radiohead but hey ho.

For those of you who question that they should headline? Who could possibly follow the Pistols on stage? Seriously, you've got a crowd all revved up and bouncy and then on comes ???? Who could maintain that sort of energy from the off?

Serious question. There could be someone I haven't thought of. Perhaps someone dancey.

For those of you who question that they should headline? Who could possibly follow the Pistols on stage? Seriously, you've got a crowd all revved up and bouncy and then on comes ???? Who could maintain that sort of energy from the off?

Serious question. There could be someone I haven't thought of. Perhaps someone dancey.

Sorry Edi didn't realise you were serious......I was saying they weren't good enough to headline but acts that IMO could easily follow for the reasons you give above are:

Rage Against the Machine

Cream

Kings of Leon

Muse

The Strokes

Faith No More

Arctic Monkeys

Radiohead

Led Zepplin

me and Indieboy are very happy with the Pistols as the saturday headliner and I'm somewhat suprised at all the negativity. There's lots of other options than the main stage though so it shouldn't put people off going, that's just plain silly!

I can't help but agree withyou there Indie. Having said that, I had been planning NOT to go all along & so far neither of the headliners have made me think " F**k it I have to go...", so I'm still planning not to.

I know when it comes to a certain weekend in June I'll be feeling rightly cheesed off that I won't be joining in the Camp eFests shenanigans but I'm going to try out some of tis fair Isle's smaller festivals next summer & I can't manage 'em all!

it really won't be the same without you! wonder if we can sneak you in just for the Camp La La bits!!:ph34r: failing that I think we'll have to have a cardboard cut out to represent you, or grab a random and get them to wear a greenfairy mask! he he he - still, won't be the same :)
Edited by greenfairy43

Now then, you saying things like that isn't going to help my resolve...I don't know how I'll manage not to book a ticket on Friday morning, but time & money are too sparse at the moment sadly ( well not really that sadly actually...) I'll miss you all though!