Exit 2007

Guest mattmoran

That sounds like a pretty good list to me, though by the time you get to Bratislava you might think its much of a muchness.

You could also do Gdansk - Berlin - Dresden - Prague - Budapest if you havent seen them before but I think Krakow is really worth seeing.

I might do the same as you, Ive got tickets to Open'er though if the lineups crap I might sell them and do just Exit or Hurricane instead.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! First of all, thanks for all the useful information already posted on here. My friends and I are planning Exitfest this year for the first time and are trying to decide whether to fly to Budapest coz it's cheaper, or Belgrade coz it's nearer... Can anyone tell me any more about the train from Budapest to Novi Sad? I think on the official site it says that there are two a day? And regarding tickets, do you need to book in advance for reasonable fares (like you do in the UK)?

Any info. on this or anything else we should know about the trip is much appreciated! Also, I hadn't considered not camping before reading this thread but now after reading about it being too hot to sleep... :s But on the other hand I don't want to miss out on the campsite atmosphere! Ah, so many decisions - it's exciting already! ;)

20 euros? no way ;)

yea i did a couple of train rides from prague-budapest and vienna-prague and had some wacky adventures

can we ask this here? what's the policy on drugs at exit? is it tolerated? can you buy tings there? etc etc.... the serbian border is probably one place in the world where i wouldn't want to have anything on me

Hi everyone! First of all, thanks for all the useful information already posted on here. My friends and I are planning Exitfest this year for the first time and are trying to decide whether to fly to Budapest coz it's cheaper, or Belgrade coz it's nearer... Can anyone tell me any more about the train from Budapest to Novi Sad? I think on the official site it says that there are two a day? And regarding tickets, do you need to book in advance for reasonable fares (like you do in the UK)?

Any info. on this or anything else we should know about the trip is much appreciated! Also, I hadn't considered not camping before reading this thread but now after reading about it being too hot to sleep... :s But on the other hand I don't want to miss out on the campsite atmosphere! Ah, so many decisions - it's exciting already! ;)

Edited by the_derminator

Hi Esme! You mentioned cheap flights. Ryanair are flying to Lake Balaton for about £63 return. Last year we arranged a bus from balaton airport to Novi Sad and back. If enough people enquire we are happy to do it again. Let us know at info@eufest.com

Cheers Derm

Edited by Ian G

Mate, I seriously would not risk trying to take drugs over the Serbian border - it is really not worth it trust me. The police there do not f**k about, you won't escape with a slapped wrist like ahem you would at Homelands. The festival gates/turnstiles are literally swarming with Police. You can get them easily if you want to inside the festival site (we dropped lucky last year and got talking to some local kids on the train who were smuggling hundreds in to distribute), but be warned they're not like they are over here, they're extremely strong and there were a few casulaties on the camp site last year. Speaking from personal experience, both myself and my other half (at the time) were very ill on days 2 and 3 of the festival last year after dabbling on day 1. It's not something I will be doing again I can assure you. Drugs are not the be all and end all, I have since given up.

Alreet folks I'm going to this ;) I'm going on my own and my first time at a festie abroad so if anyone has any tips/advice for a lonesome traveller it'd be much appreciated. At the moment I've got a flight to Budapest on the 10th and the festie ticket...no accomodation, no return flight and no concept of travelling light for a festie abroad :P I was thinking buy a sleeping bag over there and sleep under the stars without a tent*...is that the norm? I really don't know what to expect :)

* at Exit

I'm gonna sort out an hostel for before and after in Budapest.

Hope to see some fellow efesters there :lol:

OK - in no particular order

Camping - I did it last year and it was fine, really enjoyed it, and being that close to the beach (and the bar) definitely helped on those heavy mornings. That said, yes it gets bloody hot. We are getting a hotel or apartment this year, but I'm still buying a campsite pass, just for the craic, and will prob crash there at least once, cos will have some mates there.

And mousE, last year there were some tents that looked like they were provided by the organisers just for people like you, and were basically sitting there empty. Not sure how to find out more info about these, but if I come across any will let you know.

Drugs - myself, would never, never, never try to take them over the border. The consequences of getting caught do not bear thinking about.

Belgrade - Ian, I remember having this same discussion with you last year. I take your point about wanting guarantees, but there are plenty of people willing to rent their apartments out, and there are plenty of hotels you can book. As far as I know, no-one has ever come on here and said they booked a flat/hotel and got there to find no accommodation. But plenty (inc you) have said they stayed in Belgrade and regretted it. Our accommodation directory should be live soon (boring website probs). Check it out once it's live. All flats vetted by our agents and guaranteed by us.

Finally - CHILI PEPPERS CONFIRMED ON EXITFEST.ORG (Serb version, not English). Line up shaping up nicely.

See you all there folks

Derm ;)

People like me...what's that supposed to mean :P;) If there's owt like welfare tents i'll happily stay in one of them :) thanks for the info :lol:

"""Finally - CHILI PEPPERS CONFIRMED ON EXITFEST.ORG (Serb version, not English). Line up shaping up nicely.""""

from what i can translate on the official site (sketchy) i think theyre saying the chilli peppers are playing Green Fest in serbia on the 26th of June, but no mention of them playing exit

"""Finally - CHILI PEPPERS CONFIRMED ON EXITFEST.ORG (Serb version, not English). Line up shaping up nicely.""""

from what i can translate on the official site (sketchy) i think theyre saying the chilli peppers are playing Green Fest in serbia on the 26th of June, but no mention of them playing exit

Edited by shlemash

Belgrade - Ian, I remember having this same discussion with you last year. I take your point about wanting guarantees, but there are plenty of people willing to rent their apartments out, and there are plenty of hotels you can book. As far as I know, no-one has ever come on here and said they booked a flat/hotel and got there to find no accommodation. But plenty (inc you) have said they stayed in Belgrade and regretted it. Our accommodation directory should be live soon (boring website probs). Check it out once it's live. All flats vetted by our agents and guaranteed by us.

OK - in no particular order

Camping - I did it last year and it was fine, really enjoyed it, and being that close to the beach (and the bar) definitely helped on those heavy mornings. That said, yes it gets bloody hot. We are getting a hotel or apartment this year, but I'm still buying a campsite pass, just for the craic, and will prob crash there at least once, cos will have some mates there.

And mousE, last year there were some tents that looked like they were provided by the organisers just for people like you, and were basically sitting there empty. Not sure how to find out more info about these, but if I come across any will let you know.

Drugs - myself, would never, never, never try to take them over the border. The consequences of getting caught do not bear thinking about.

Finally - CHILI PEPPERS CONFIRMED ON EXITFEST.ORG (Serb version, not English). Line up shaping up nicely.

See you all there folks

Derm ;)

cheers for the advice. i really wouldnt go over the border with anything anyway....but maybe i'll be wary in general ;)

is it really that hot in the campsite? check my stunning ignorance but how hot does serbia get? i've heard horror stories about benicassim and since i was living in valencia the same time last year i can imagine how it would be

saw some pics of a beach....is that on the danube? is it clean and nice?

Hi mate, I am likely to be going over on my own too. I went with my ex last year, she acted like a complete tosser, showed me up in front of thousands and got herself dumped. If anyone can remember a silly bitch removing all her clothes and dancing like a pratt with a scarf up the top of the hill (on side of steps) at the back of the dance arena, then bingo you got it one, that's her! Errr I'm going off on a tangent, well basically im not making that same mistake and going on my own, not having some woman ruin things again... if you and/or anyone else fancies meeting up we should all arrange something, like a forum beer or two?

excellent thread :)

eufest.com is a wicked site, but was wondering - are those journey departure times fixed? Only that our flights may be coming in for 10am, meaning it's a 7 hour wait at the airport for the transfer..

Also, does anyone have any info on the trains, ideally from Novi Sad to Budapest? it sounds like quite an experience, plus we are thinking of hanging around until Friday the 20th, as the flight back to UK is only £20 on that day, and eufest do not run coaches after the Tuesday..

Cuz the plan (could be):

Luton to Budapest on the Wed, transfer using eufest on the coach - then EXit until Sunday, chill on the site/ beach raves until Friday (is that how long they go on for?) and then return back to London Friday afternoon.

And umm, then the Glade festival from that Friday till the Sunday

That 11 days of mayhem ;)

Firstly, apologies for getting all over excited when I saw Chili Peppers mentioned on exitfest.org **hangs head in shame**. Will get Anna-Maria to translate these things in future before I start posting about them ;)

Ben / Ian - Revised times are now on the transfers section of the website. Belgrade buses are now leaving at 6.30pm (to meet Jat Air flight arriving at 5.30pm), and 8pm (to meet the BA flight landing at 7.00pm). If you are flying with someone other than these, can you let us know who you're going with and we can look at a separate transfer if there are enough people needing it, although the 8pm one might do you??

Razor - Cheers mate - glad you like the site. Budapest transfers have also been tweaked so bus now leaves at 11am. Generally speaking, all our transfers are arranged specifically to meet certain incoming flights, so everyone else booked on the bus will most likely be on the same plane as you.

And would love to have a bit of a meet at EXIT sometime if anyone's up for organising one. Just let us know when and where.

Derm :)

Firstly, apologies for getting all over excited when I saw Chili Peppers mentioned on exitfest.org **hangs head in shame**. Will get Anna-Maria to translate these things in future before I start posting about them ;)

Ben / Ian - Revised times are now on the transfers section of the website. Belgrade buses are now leaving at 6.30pm (to meet Jat Air flight arriving at 5.30pm), and 8pm (to meet the BA flight landing at 7.00pm). If you are flying with someone other than these, can you let us know who you're going with and we can look at a separate transfer if there are enough people needing it, although the 8pm one might do you??

Razor - Cheers mate - glad you like the site. Budapest transfers have also been tweaked so bus now leaves at 11am. Generally speaking, all our transfers are arranged specifically to meet certain incoming flights, so everyone else booked on the bus will most likely be on the same plane as you.

And would love to have a bit of a meet at EXIT sometime if anyone's up for organising one. Just let us know when and where.

Derm :)