Security Work....

Guest Steve_2006

I have worked doing security at festivals for 15 years now with Specialized Security.

We do Reading/Glasto/Hi-Fi/NASS and most of Mean Fiddlers festies plus Guilfest and a few others.

There is also Rock Steady,Showsec and Stuart Security who do alot over the country and a few other smaller ones too.

Best just to contact them, do a search on google for contact details and apply to work with who you want to.

I have worked doing security at festivals for 15 years now with Specialized Security.

We do Reading/Glasto/Hi-Fi/NASS and most of Mean Fiddlers festies plus Guilfest and a few others.

There is also Rock Steady,Showsec and Stuart Security who do alot over the country and a few other smaller ones too.

Best just to contact them, do a search on google for contact details and apply to work with who you want to.

I dont do much with them the last couple years as now in full time work but sometimes I used to be away most the summer with them.

Just do what gigs you can.. its good fun but hard work/long hours at times.

I aint worked this year yet for them as been taking a year out and going to more festivals... but will probably do Reading

• 1 year later...

Hello

I am going to ask the same question to you?I have just completed my SIA training and looking to work the festival season.I just wondered how you got on with finding work last year.Any information would be a big help as i dont have a clue?

Cheer's,

Chris.

Hi, I have recently completed my SIA training and am awaiting my Security licence. I am interested in doing security work at various festivals but don't have a clue how to go about this?? Can anyone tell me where to look.

Thank you so much ;-)

steve

Hello

I am going to ask the same question to you?I have just completed my SIA training and looking to work the festival season.I just wondered how you got on with finding work last year.Any information would be a big help as i dont have a clue?

Cheer's,

Chris.

Chris,

If you are physically in possession of your SIA Door Supervisor license* then give any of the companies mentioned earlier in this thread a call. Like Paul, I have worked for Specialized Security for many years and this summer season (2008) looks like or busiest yet and we will need all the SIA badge holders we can get! It's possible we could keep you busy the whole summer!

If you need a phone number, let me know.

Del

* The SIA are taking a lot longer than the 6 weeks they say they are to process applications.

Hi I am a supervisor for a security company. We work at alot of the mainstream festivals aswel as football grounds, concert venues etc. Just so you know you don't have to have your SIA badge to work at a festival/football/gigs. You can work as a "safety steward" without your badge!

As said b4 if your looking to work at some festivals then just go onto some of the companies mentioned b4. They will all be recruiting for fetival season now.

If your looking for more work and live near the glasgow area PM me and I will give you a very good contact.

Good luck with the job hunting :angry:

xJOx

Hi I am a supervisor for a security company. We work at alot of the mainstream festivals aswel as football grounds, concert venues etc. Just so you know you don't have to have your SIA badge to work at a festival/football/gigs. You can work as a "safety steward" without your badge!

As said b4 if your looking to work at some festivals then just go onto some of the companies mentioned b4. They will all be recruiting for fetival season now.

If your looking for more work and live near the glasgow area PM me and I will give you a very good contact.

Good luck with the job hunting :angry:

xJOx

• 4 weeks later...
Chris,

If you are physically in possession of your SIA Door Supervisor license* then give any of the companies mentioned earlier in this thread a call. Like Paul, I have worked for Specialized Security for many years and this summer season (2008) looks like or busiest yet and we will need all the SIA badge holders we can get! It's possible we could keep you busy the whole summer!

If you need a phone number, let me know.

Del

* The SIA are taking a lot longer than the 6 weeks they say they are to process applications.

• 1 month later...
Hi Del,

Cheer's for your reply, i have just been contacted by the SIA saying that my application is in process.They have had all my details for about 6 weeks now so fingers crossed i will have my badge for the end of this month.Having the oppurtunity to work all summer sounds great so could you please forward me the telephone no.

Cheer's,

Chris.

Hi Del,

Cheer's for your reply, i have just been contacted by the SIA saying that my application is in process.They have had all my details for about 6 weeks now so fingers crossed i will have my badge for the end of this month.Having the oppurtunity to work all summer sounds great so could you please forward me the telephone no.

Cheer's,

Chris.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Im in the same position now, im just waiting for my SIA license to come through. i wanted to do work in festivals like leeds, glasto etc and maybe sports events or events at places like the 02 arena, over the summer to earn a bit of cash . . I was just wondering if anyone who has already done this type of work could tell me how much could i expect to get paid for doing some festivals or events?

Peter