ROTW Free Festival

Guest Moonglitter

:) There are extra free parking spaces on the field next to Hitchin swimming pool.There aren't many places to stay-email the ROTW organisers as I know they are setting up a campsite for the weekend.

Saturday looks like the best day for the artist performing.Its vital to get a festival programme(£1) as soon as you arrive because the music starts at 12noon both days across 10 stages plus 4 additional venues(pubs)and its easy to miss the best stuff.

:) There are extra free parking spaces on the field next to Hitchin swimming pool.There aren't many places to stay-email the ROTW organisers as I know they are setting up a campsite for the weekend.

Saturday looks like the best day for the artist performing.Its vital to get a festival programme(£1) as soon as you arrive because the music starts at 12noon both days across 10 stages plus 4 additional venues(pubs)and its easy to miss the best stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by Moonglitter

Who shouldnt i be missing then?

Those I recommend because I have seen them myself or the festival organisers recommend are:

SATURDAY:

13.30 -SIYAYA (Portmill Stage)

14.30-NEW TOWN CENTRES (Club 85) fast psychedelic punk pop

16.00-ROBERT MASEKO & CONGOBEAT

16.45-NIK TURNER's GALAKTIKOS(Market Place Stage) Hawkwind founder

17.00-20 DEAD CAMELS(Pheonix pub stage) ska

21.00-ZION TRAIN

SUNDAY:

20 DEAD CAMELS

OTTERS

LIONHEART

BURNING BUSH

WADALI BROTHERS

Thing is if you don't like any of these just wander over to another stage-there are 10 stages plus 4 pub venues

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

There is no official camping at RotW. There are some campsites nearby though (I believe there's one in Baldock which is a few miles down the road).

Also, make sure you check out Monobloco & Toque Tabor (I'm in Toque Tambor). We're headlining the Market Square stage on saturday night. :D

I remember driving through Hitchin last year on the Sunday, looked like a f**king war zone. It didn't help with the blazing hot sunshine ..... think 99% of the crowd there were pretty much pissed or well on their way!

Hitchin is a really nice town and yeah I heard some people didn't want it to go ahead this year, so lets hope its successful.

There is no official camping at RotW. There are some campsites nearby though (I believe there's one in Baldock which is a few miles down the road).

Also, make sure you check out Monobloco & Toque Tabor (I'm in Toque Tambor). We're headlining the Market Square stage on saturday night. :D

Looking forward to ROTW again this year but hope that the rubbish issue can be sorted as the festival has such a good atmosphere and hope it will continue.

Any campsites would be a few miles away prob in the direction of Baldock /Letchworth as the other direction is Luton, although maybe it would be possible to pitch a tent on farmland with the farmers permission - sorry can't help more.

In previous years the acts have been listed online but the programme has to be purchased at the festival to give the times and dates of performances - just had a look at the website and it seems to be the same this year.

Windy_miller hope to be watching you on Saturday. :D