Can you choose which carpark?

Jacko45

16 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

My mate ideally needs to be in blue or purple parking nearest to the campervan area.

Is there a tactic to try get in there or will she just be sent somewhere? 

She need to approach from the east to park in either blue or purple. Directions for GF website:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-car/

9 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Once you get there, are they strict with where in the field you park? I'm guessing so, or it'd be chaos, wouldn't it? 

Yep they carefully fill the fields to get the maximum number of cars in . Please follow the instructions of the parking attendants , you’ll get waved to wherever they want you to park up 

7 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

OK - I'm guessing though if you approach from the East, the likelihood is that you'll end up in Purple or Blue. 

Correct. Festival goers approaching from the east are directed to blue and purple. Approaching from the east but wanting to park in the  west orange and pink involves a wide diversion North or south of the site as the A361 is closed to through traffic for the duration of the festival.

On 5/18/2024 at 9:42 AM, Jacko45 said:

My mate ideally needs to be in blue or purple parking nearest to the campervan area.

Is there a tactic to try get in there or will she just be sent somewhere? 

just pick your route to align with your desired car park, and then don't let anyone distract you.  traffic stewards might try to direct you into a car park you don't want, just point straight on, put your head down and drive to the car park you want.

30 minutes ago, Neil said:

just pick your route to align with your desired car park, and then don't let anyone distract you.  traffic stewards might try to direct you into a car park you don't want, just point straight on, put your head down and drive to the car park you want.

Me no speakie English. Zoom! 😅

14 hours ago, Neil said:

Need to know where you're going 🤔

Problematic if field where you end up is full.....or nearer to Wells than Pilton

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

Need to know where you're going 🤔

Problematic if field where you end up is full.....or nearer to Wells than Pilton

pick your field before you set off, and make sure you drive along the road its on in the direction which gives you an easy left turn into the car park. as long as you don't arrive very late you're unlikely to find any car parks full and closed (it never happened to me).

I remember I had trouble getting out one year. It was early on Monday, there wasn't a steward or an arrow sign in sight! I had to drive around for ten minutes before I found an exit lol