Oya festival 2024

Specta

This is shaping up to be one of the best line ups for the summer (to my taste).

It's really expensive but then again it covers almost everything i really wanted to see this summer (idles, pulp, slowdive, yard act, the national, alvvays and much more).

Anyone who went to the festival. Looking for any useful tips since it's my first time going there.

ONS 7. AUG: Pulp (UK) / PJ Harvey (UK) / Cezinando / The Kills (UK) / Yoguttene / Nia Archives (UK) / SHERELLE (UK) / Bala Desejo (BR) / Nabihah Iqbal (UK) / Gjenfødt Kultur +++

TORS 8. AUG:  The National (US) / RAYE (UK) / André 3000 (US) / Slowdive (UK) / Overmono (UK) / Joy Orbison (UK) / Andreas Røysum Ensemble / Holly Humberstone (UK) / Alvvays (CA) / English Teacher (UK) / yunè pinku (IE/MY) +++

FRE 9. AUG:  Queens of the Stone Age (US) / The Smile (UK) / Astrid S / Arca (VE) / Loyle Carner (UK) / Big Thief (US) / Delara / Olof Dreijer (SE) & Diva Cruz (CO/SE) / Brutus (BE) / Kaja Gunnufsen / Wednesday (US) / Julie Christmas (US) +++

LØR 10. AUG: Gabrielle / Veronica Maggio (SE) / IDLES (UK) / Sivert Høyem / Sampha (UK) / Euroboys / Fay Wildhagen / Yard Act (UK) / Yussef Dayes (UK) / Skatebård / Yaya Bey (US) / Blondshell (US) +++

Ikke satt på dag: Oscar Blesson / Ella Marie (SÁ) / Hammok / Kristi Brud / Orions Belte / Sw*nk Mami 

• Upvote 1

Some general tips:
- It's very easy to travel to the festival since it's very close to Tøyen and Carl Berner subway and in the middle of the city. So no need to live very close to the festival. Just live close to a subway station.
- Eat a good meal before going to the festival, since the festival can be kinda expensive, but very good. 
- Remember to keep your glass after you're finished drinking, since it's will cose 20 NOK (around 2 euro) for a new glass. You will of course get a new glass when you delivering the old one. The glass is also nice to have if you want water. There is a lot of water station that's free and effective to use.
- If it's raining, it will get muddy. So have some good footwear for rain and poncho/rain jacket, since it's not allowed with umbrellas.
- The day before the festval (Tuesday), it's something that's called Klubbdagen. It's free for everyone with festival pass, and it's a lot of up and coming Norwegian acts that's playing venues around the city. The programme for that will come later.
- The festival is finished at 23:00 (Norwegian rules), but there something called Øyanatt. This is also different concerts around the city, but this one with bigger artists/band and international ones. Nothing has been announched yet, but will come later. There is enterance fee for this concerts, but with a discount for you with festival pass. Normall costs around 175 NOK - 300 NOK for a concert, that can have more than one artist.

Just ask if you have any questions! I live like a five minutes walk from the festival and been there a lot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...