Help with an international dilemma.

PassingCloud

Wondering if anyone can make suggestions 

One of our group is coming from US, hired a motorhome and staying at lovefields. 
Problem is that they have to collect tickets from the office. 
Is there somewhere they can park up, so they can get the tickets? I assume then they’ll have to to drive a bit of distance away from the festival to be able to drive around to the east side? 
Any ideas welcome. 

I think whichever way they try to do it, it would be a massive pain. I don't think there's any way to park up near the box office, to go in public parking, they'd need to pay and then it would be a major hassle to get out again when they are being filled up. 

Unless Love Fields offer some help, I can only think that the easiest way to do it would be walk it.

6 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I think whichever way they try to do it, it would be a massive pain. I don't think there's any way to park up near the box office, to go in public parking, they'd need to pay and then it would be a major hassle to get out again when they are being filled up. 

Unless Love Fields offer some help, I can only think that the easiest way to do it would be walk it.

I think both lovefields and ST have been rubbish at helping. 

2 minutes ago, YIP said:

Hi - it might be possible to park at bath & west showgrounds (same side as love fields) and get the free shuttle bus to Gate A for the ticket collection) and back to there, tickets in hand

Thanks. I’ll suggest that and hope that someone comes up with a few more ideas 🙂

4 minutes ago, YIP said:

Hi - it might be possible to park at bath & west showgrounds (same side as love fields) and get the free shuttle bus to Gate A for the ticket collection) and back to there, tickets in hand

That sounds like a decent option.

3 minutes ago, YIP said:

Or do what we did last year - i hopped out at B&W and got the shuttle to Gate A, the other checked in at love fields, then I got both tickets and entered the festival and walked through to gate c out and into love fields 

Oh ok. I was assuming that they need to show festival tix to enter lovefields? If that’s not the case then this could work well. 

Edited by PassingCloud

9 hours ago, YIP said:

We were fine and the organisers were very good about it - maybe get your friends to send them an email beforehand just to flag it - they are busy but very helpful and they will know what’s what - it’ll all work out!

Thanks. So I assume they happily released all the tickets to yourself?

Morning! yes we took a chance on it and it was okay for just me to collect both tickets - I was the lead booker and I had both our passports with me for ID - both tickets were in an envelope together - but if your friends feel nervous about doing that then park up at B&W and both get the shuttle bus to Gate A and back - it’s all exciting x

13 hours ago, YIP said:

3 hours ago, YIP said:

Morning! yes we took a chance on it and it was okay for just me to collect both tickets - I was the lead booker and I had both our passports with me for ID - both tickets were in an envelope together - but if your friends feel nervous about doing that then park up at B&W and both get the shuttle bus to Gate A and back - it’s all exciting x

There isn't any parking allowed at Bath and West Showground, it's pick up and drop off only.