Car park - Tuesday

SarMc

Online suggests the car parks open 9pm on Tuesday, is this correct? Has anyone ever arrived earlier and been let in?

I know last year was an exception. 

Two friends will be in the gate C queue and there from midday as with a campervan group… I’m trying to decide if it’s worth meeting them as early as car park allows or arriving 3-4am and queuing alone…

Edited by SarMc

Hi, i can only go on what i experienced last year. I have a camper van but took my 2 mates in who were going to queue around 0530 on the Wednesday at GAte C morning, hoping it would not be too busy. The queue at Gate C, which must have been people who came in with camper van friends started to build around 1600 on the Tuesday. By the time we got up and got some stuff together the queue was very long on the Wednesday morning, even at 0530. They wanted to camp near the pyramid stage and it took us over 4 hours to get in and to their pitch. I know this probably does not help but whatever you do, i think it will be a bit painful. You might be better off trying to get to your mates and spend the night there, if you can sleep. You could always get your mates to explain that 1 more (you) will be joining them when you arrive? As long as its explained to the people around them, im sure they wont mind. Good luck 

Hmm yes it’s definitely a painful slog regardless. I joined the queue last year at gate B at 5:45am, we moved very slowly from 8:15-10am.

I won’t sleep regardless of being at home, in my car or in a queue  😂 I don’t mind queuing overnight if it’s not raining…my friends who queued overnight were at the front of gate C queue and were at the campsite by 8:15. 

I just really want to know if I have a chance of being allowed in to the main car parks pre 9pm? I’d rather not be trying to find them in the dark 🤣

Edited by SarMc