Arriving and setting up late on Wednesday Night

Tazman

2 hours ago, Tazman said:

Has anyone ever arrived late on the Wednesday night and set up in the dark? I want to wake up there on Thursday and potentially have a cheeky late night beer on the wednesday....but has anyone got any tips as to how to approach it?  

Not done it - but you'll have twilight until 22:17 and it won't actually get to being 'night' - though I think the moon is against you, it won't be that big.  Either way - bring a head torch, or the light on your phone at worst, if you have a decent idea of how to put your tent up then I would definitely go for it.  What's the worst that could happen?  Just make sure you don't wake up and discover you've put your tent right next to the toilets - that easy to find space had no tents for a reason 😄  

ITs usually quite light in the campsites (compared to normal camping in the middle of a field)- and people do arrive in the middle of the night.  I've certainly arrived at 4am, by which time its light anyway.  Lose a night's sleep though which isn't a great way to start the festival!!