In Colour 23

domjon

Bought tickets for this at the Brudenell, looks an amazing line up for £24...

Saturday 13th May 2022
Moin
Algiers
TVAM
Enumclaw
Acid Klause
Talk Show 
Maruja
C.O.F.F.I.N
Divorce Finance
Askies
The 113

Sunday 14th May 2022
Pale Blue Eyes
Lael Neale
Sun June
Cloth
Alice Low
Georgia Harmer
Lots Of Hands
Spielmann

Anyone go last year? Got any info about timings etc ?
Edited by domjon

Went last year to the Sunday - headlined by W.H. Lung. Was a good day - can just wander in and out of the main room to watch bands and then have a beer outside. 

I think they released timings on Twitter (and probably elsewhere) beforehand. The Sunday finished earlier than the Saturday last year. 

Don't know any of this year's lineup other than Acid Klause and Talk Show who I've seen in support slots - any worth checking out? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Went last year to the Sunday - headlined by W.H. Lung. Was a good day - can just wander in and out of the main room to watch bands and then have a beer outside. 

I think they released timings on Twitter (and probably elsewhere) beforehand. The Sunday finished earlier than the Saturday last year. 

Don't know any of this year's lineup other than Acid Klause and Talk Show who I've seen in support slots - any worth checking out?

Moin are great, bit Slinty. Enumclaw got a bit of dinosaur Jr going on, really nice stuff. Algiers are entertaining.

Missed Lael Neal at EOTR last year and been kicking myself since, love her stuff. Sun June is nice too.

Those are my 5 must sees but looking forward to pretty much everything tbh

Looks like curated for a noisy messy Saturday and a chilled and woozy Sunday 

Edited by domjon
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Forgot to ask...any food options available or nearby?

On 3/11/2023 at 10:12 AM, domjon said:

Forgot to ask...any food options available or nearby?

Brudenell does good pies and mash (I think they are Pieminister). There are a few other places nearby too if you wanted to explore, there's an Anand Sweets (vegetarian Indian restaurant - as seen on BBC Two's Remarkable Places to Eat - well the Harehills branch was)

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, domjon said:

Bah the top two from the Saturday have suddenly disappeared from the poster.

Absolutely zero on socials for this aswell, beginning to wonder if it's gonna be ok tbh

Algiers have pulled their whole UK tour, though oddly they've not announced it themselves (except in Twitter replies) even though ticket holders for their gigs have been informed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well some really good music yesterday, Memorials were very decent, enjoyed Talk Show, TVAM and Acid Klaus. Enumclaw alright if all a bit samey.

Rather baffling 'festival' though tbf... absolutely zero push on social media and sure enough most bands played in front of 25-30 people. Maybe Benefits drew a bare 100 max. Acid Klaus headlined at 10.30 in front of about 20 folk. Everyone was dancing tbf but still, pretty poor showing.

Probably a few hundred locals drinking outside in the sun, should have just let em in free to try and get a bit of atmosphere tbh

Today was billed as the lower key day so half expecting just the three of us to be watching Lael Neal. 

A headscratcher and a bit of a travesty.

Great venue for a sunny day tho so fuck it .

2 hours ago, domjon said:

Well some really good music yesterday, Memorials were very decent, enjoyed Talk Show, TVAM and Acid Klaus. Enumclaw alright if all a bit samey.

Rather baffling 'festival' though tbf... absolutely zero push on social media and sure enough most bands played in front of 25-30 people. Maybe Benefits drew a bare 100 max. Acid Klaus headlined at 10.30 in front of about 20 folk. Everyone was dancing tbf but still, pretty poor showing.

Probably a few hundred locals drinking outside in the sun, should have just let em in free to try and get a bit of atmosphere tbh

Today was billed as the lower key day so half expecting just the three of us to be watching Lael Neal. 

A headscratcher and a bit of a travesty.

Great venue for a sunny day tho so fuck it .

I requested a refund because it was initially Algiers and Moin who are leagues better than the rest of the line up. Benefits was a shambolic replacement so I didn't think it was even value for money anymore. I requested my refund through see for a valid reason so hope I get some of it back. Shame really as I love the brudenell but this seemed like a mess really. 

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

I requested a refund because it was initially Algiers and Moin who are leagues better than the rest of the line up. Benefits was a shambolic replacement so I didn't think it was even value for money anymore. I requested my refund through see for a valid reason so hope I get some of it back. Shame really as I love the brudenell but this seemed like a mess really. 

Yeah I booked mainly for Moin tbh but Airbnb booked etc, easier to just come along. Was decent enough day anyway, just a pity so poorly attended. 

First band today had 12 people watching, 1 was the photographer and pretty sure a few were parents of the band. Could be a long day 🤣

Actually turned out slightly better crowd today. Hardly packed like but enough to create a bit of something.

Enjoyed everything I saw tbh, Lael Neal and Pale Blue Eyes especially.

Not sure I'd bother next year unless they promoted it noticeably harder tho

On 3/13/2023 at 9:59 AM, AtomsForPizza said:

Brudenell does good pies and mash (I think they are Pieminister). There are a few other places nearby too if you wanted to explore, there's an Anand Sweets (vegetarian Indian restaurant - as seen on BBC Two's Remarkable Places to Eat - well the Harehills branch was)

Nice shout on Anand Sweets btw , cheap as chips and really tasty.