Taxi from Bristol Airport

Pete McG

Hi All, has anyone ever taken taxi straight from Bristol Airport to the site? Does anyone know the best taxi companies?

I arrive into Bristol Airport around 10.00am on Thursday from Belfast. Given the train strike I  priced a taxi with one firm and am being told £100. Would love to share it with 1 or 2 other people and split the price. Being dropped straight at festival gate is the big attraction here, no time wasted.

Any tips / takers would be most welcome!

P

Hi.  I have often got a taxi straight from the airport to site and often at the time that you will be going.  I always found someone willing to share.  Just look around for anyone obviously going to Glastonbury, ask around .. I think you will have no problem finding others looking to do the same thing.  

The great thing about getting a cab is you can ask the driver to stop off at a supermarket/off license if you need to stock up on booze or anything. 

This year I am flying in at 8.30 on the Wednesday evening and am also looking to find someone/people to share a cab.  It's an awkward time of the day/evening so not sure how successful I will be but I think you, going at that time Thursday morning, will have no problems.  

• Thanks 1

Thanks Hugh. Yeah, was thinking I'll keep an eye out on my flight for obvious festival goers and then at the airport if I get no takers. Good idea re the booze etc.

I've friends driving over tomorrow so they're taking most of my stuff. Gonna be brilliant! 

Taxis won't go near Glastonbury. You'll better off getting to Bristol Temple Meads (a1 Bus from the airport to the station) and getting the bus service to the site. This is coming from someone who works with the taxis drivers in bristol lol. They don't want to get stuck in traffic for hours.

Edited by Cleverleyson
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cleverleyson said:

Taxis won't go near Glastonbury. You'll better off getting to Bristol Temple Meads (a1 Bus from the airport to the station) and getting the bus service to the site. This is coming from someone who works with the taxis drivers in bristol lol. They don't want to get stuck in traffic for hours.

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of getting a taxi to Wells or Shepton Mallet and then the shuttle bus to the site. I looked at hte coach but the best option for me timing wise was sold out. And with the train strike, the few trains that are on are going to be bedlam. If paying more in a taxi gets me to the site 3/4 hours before public transport - that's worth it imo. Enjoy the festival!