Coach / Car group split

Cam91

So 4 of our group have a coach ticket from London Victoria at 5 am (allegedly gets there at 8.30am) 

Then 10 others by car. I've been told that the coach queue is shorter to get in once your there, because of all the people in the car queue Tuesday night etc. Is this the case and if so how much? i know things change year on year but as a rough guide what time should our car lot aim to get to the queue to get in at roughly the same time? or will one be drastically quicker than the other if they got there super early or a bit later on? 

any info on this is helpful! 

• Upvote 1

The short answer is yes.  Typically the coach queues will move quicker as it's determined by how many coaches have arrived in the last 30 -60 minutes (though people who've come by car may be diverted into queuing at Ped Gate A / coach queue which can slow it down a little).

Assuming that the coach group arrive on time, then  I would imagine that they'd get into Glastonbury for around 9:30 (though it does depend on how many coaches arrive for 8:30).

It is quite difficult to make a prediction as to what time the car group need to start queuing to get in at the moment as there's quite a few variables (weather, what car park / gate the car group are heading towards, what campsite the group is going for, if the stewards divert you to a different Gate) but the easy answer is the earlier the better.

I've queued up for anywhere between 2-5 hours on the wednesday morning  over the years so it's quite hard to make any sort of reliable prediction but if you get in the queue before 6am, you stand a good chance of getting in around the same time as the coach crew.

30 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

The short answer is yes.  Typically the coach queues will move quicker as it's determined by how many coaches have arrived in the last 30 -60 minutes (though people who've come by car may be diverted into queuing at Ped Gate A / coach queue which can slow it down a little).

Assuming that the coach group arrive on time, then  I would imagine that they'd get into Glastonbury for around 9:30 (though it does depend on how many coaches arrive for 8:30).

It is quite difficult to make a prediction as to what time the car group need to start queuing to get in at the moment as there's quite a few variables (weather, what car park / gate the car group are heading towards, what campsite the group is going for, if the stewards divert you to a different Gate) but the easy answer is the earlier the better.

I've queued up for anywhere between 2-5 hours on the wednesday morning  over the years so it's quite hard to make any sort of reliable prediction but if you get in the queue before 6am, you stand a good chance of getting in around the same time as the coach crew.

Thanks for the response - 

to try remove more variables: hypothetically say they go to gate D, no diversion and we camp in park home/Pennards (obviously furthest from Coach gate) get there before 6am we would stand a good chance of being in-sync?

or would it be best if one group took the tents of the others and the others took the bags - in which instance sounds like us on the coach should take the tents? 

Pennards fills up ridiculously quick so you'd need to have all of your tents together to stand a good chance of being all camped near each other. Even then, arriving to the gate at 8:30 might not be early enough.

Park home is a lot more realistic though

Assuming no issues, queuing for gate d from 6am should/could get everybody through within an hour of the coach group but as said before, it's quite hard to say. 

I think you'll be better off with the coach group taking the tents in, unless the car group is going to start queuing from before 5am

4 hours ago, Cam91 said:

or would it be best if one group took the tents of the others and the others took the bags - in which instance sounds like us on the coach should take the tents? 

We are doing this. 5 got coach, 4 (my group) got general tickets. 
We have no idea what time their coach is yet but as we tend to leave Cardiff around 3am by car - worth noting we get a lift so get out at the drop/collect point then get the shuttle service over to ped Gate A - we will almost certainly get there/in before them.

With that in mind we’re taking their tents with us, will set everything up and will meet them when they arrive.