Help! Wanting to do fundraiser "music festival"

0FestivalFreak0

Hello,

I really need some help. I'm new and I just signed up to this forum because I'm hoping to get some expert opinions! I've been trying to find information about setting up and preparing for a small scale "music festival" fundraiser event, preferably outdoors. Luckily we aren't skint, we have a fairly nice budget set aside for this event and have been gifted many donations and volunteers.

Anybody have any experience planning music events? I am looking for a company or website where I can order equipment to rent.

So far I've been reading many articles about planning outdoor music festivals, but I definitely don't have the current professional experience to organize everything myself. If you have any tips, resources, or recommended companies to look into that specialize in setting up music festival events, that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!  :D

- 0FestivalFreak0

Edited by eFestivals
removal of link as suspected spamming

12 hours ago, 0FestivalFreak0 said:

So far I've been reading many articles about planning outdoor music festivals, but I definitely don't have the current professional experience to organize everything myself. If you have any tips, resources, or recommended companies to look into that specialize in setting up music festival events, that would be greatly appreciated!

I am not going to give advice over an Internet forum.... other than to mention that you will have a legal requirement to understand and observe the relevant laws regarding public safety, fire risks, electrical use, alcohol sales, litter, toilets, food hygiene, PRS, etc etc. 

This is why organisations employ qualified event managers and professionals that will work within the law. And thats why most events take 12 months to plan. 

The people you are looking for work simultaneously on many festivals and often don’t have schedule gaps.