Formula 1

DareToDibble

16 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Newey leaving Red Bull then it seems: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2024/apr/25/red-bull-designer-adrian-newey-to-leave-over-christian-horner-allegations

Way too early to make any difference to any teams cars next year but a great time to get him in for the next major regulation change.

Aston Martin or Red Bull do we think?

There are so many people who want Ferrari to recruit Newey, who has gone on record to say that his regrets include never working for Ferrari and with Lewis Hamilton, and next year, you can cross those two off in one. Though one rumour I heard was the Ferrari were looking with more intent as Pierre Wache, who is Red Bull's technical director.

Aston seem meanwhile to be trying to basically buy Red Bull, having already signed Honda as engine provider and hired multiple Red Bull types.

This isn't confirmed yet - another article today said the multiple sources splashing on Newey leaving Red Bull came as a surprise to Newey himself, let alone Red Bull, but it seems like the situation around the team is unstable.

I still would be very surprise if it lead to Max deciding to bail and move to take Hamilton's vacant Merc chair though. Imo I think that's likeliest to be with Sainz, and with the kid Antonelli replacing the out-of-his-depth Sargeant at Williams if he can get the super-licence points.